* Do you want to help shape the future of the consulting industry? * Do you want to work with Bain's most senior stakeholders on strategic Global priorities? * Do you want the variety and dynamism of a technology start-up environment within the comfort of a major management consultancy?
Bain & Company is one of the world's leading global business consulting firms, serving clients across six continents. It was founded in 1973 on the principle that consultants must measure their success in terms of their clients' financial results. Bain's clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. With offices in all major cities, Bain has worked with over 4,150 major multinational and other corporations from every economic sector, in every region of the world.
A career at Bain & Company will provide the opportunity to learn in a collaborative teaming environment, drive impact to support our 'Results' mission statement. The firm has a passionate and rich culture that offers an unparalleled business experience that can carry throughout a career. We hire dynamic individuals that are dedicated to achieving both personal and professional goals. To learn more about the firm, please visit www.bain.com.
Bain's Next-Generation Product Management (NGPM) team has been set up to help Industry and Capability Practices digitize their Intellectual Property through a diversified set of technology, services, and support.
The team supports practices, case teams, and clients through various product delivery models including best-in-class partnerships with leading SaaS vendors, product development using industry-leading low code engineering platforms, and developing highly complex custom software solutions and products.
In addition to core product development, the team fills critical gaps through a growing technical services catalog including technical architecture and design assessments, expert architecture consulting, business automation and integration, and infrastructure hosting and support.
Underlying these products and services is Next Gen's Customer Success Program, ensuring the tools are setup and configured according to the case team and client's needs, end-users are on-boarded and trained properly, and a global support structure is in-place to quickly answer any questions or address issues.
The results of these efforts are a greater ability to sell cases effectively, serve clients efficiently, and drive capability transfer. In short, it is about better results that enhance our clients' and our own competitiveness.
Next Gen team is seeking an Experienced Analyst to join our growing team.
Working under the guidance of the Program Manager and alongside the team's Project Managers, Architects, Product Designers, and Tools Specialists, this dynamic hands-on position will play a leading role in the validation, design, creation, and support of Next Gen tools and products.
These reusable products and services will be delivered using a diverse set of innovative tools and technologies including, but certainly not limited to, areas such as data ingestion and transformation, analytics, low code web and mobile engineering, business automation, and workflow integration.
In addition to core engineering, this role will also play a critical role in leading and participating in hands-on discovery, research, development, and proof-of-concepts using new tools and services to enable continuous innovation and improvement.
The role is based in Chicago, local candidates or those willing to relocate only.
* Work with Next Gen team and Bain practices to understand business needs and drivers for new tools * Understand, document, and guide teams in long-term product vision and planning, including advising of trade-offs between Next Gen's core delivery models * Define and document core system functional requirements in the form of user personas and journeys, epics, features, and user stories * Define and document core system non-functional requirements including security, scalability, maintainability, extensibility, and deployment * Create low-fidelity wireframes and clickable prototypes for business stakeholders to validate designs
* Collaborate with Bain case teams and business partners to prototype, create, iterate, and deploy reusable tools and services for practice areas * Take a hands-on development role to build new tools and services through a variety of low code engineering platforms including data ingestion and cleansing, core web application development, analytics, visualizations, automation, integration, and much more * Deploy new tools and technologies to production environments, help on-board and train new users
* Keep up-to-date with industry tools, technologies, platforms, and services that may add value * Conduct market research and hands-on proof of concepts of new tools and technologies * Deliver results to senior members of the next gen team in the form of live demos and presentations
* Work with Bain's practices and case teams to enhance products and tools as required * Fix system bugs and defects, release new software to production, create release notes * Lead in time and cost estimates of system enhancements, advise on trade-offs of features * Ability to facilitate meetings and interactions with internal senior stakeholders
* Document system features, create user guides, support materials, knowledge base, etc. * Train junior team members in platforms and tools as needed * Establish best practices and frameworks to support scaling tools and technologies * Comfortable working independently, self-managed, and/or remotely from supervisors in a fast-paced environment * Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or IT-related field preferred * Total of 3 - 5 years of work experience, preferably with a technical or engineering focus * Experience with software or product delivery in an Agile cross-functional team environment * Basic understanding technology concepts including cloud, data engineering, analytics, and security * Previous experience with industry leading low code platforms is highly desirable * Strong communication skills including ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience * Passion for learning and applying new technology and services to solve complex business challenges * Flexibility to change direction, iterate, and adopt new technologies to solution requirements * Ability to quickly learn, embrace, and use technologies in a business environment to drive value * Passion for trying new technologies, test and learn attitude, and thinking outside the box * Ability to travel as needed, including internationally, up to 25% of the time
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.