As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Principal Support Engineer, you will offer strategic technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction. A primary focus is to create/utilize automated technology and instrumentation to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid customer issues. You are expected to be an expert member of the technical problem solving/problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues. Services may be frequently provided by on-site customer visits.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 7 years experience with Core products or eight years experience with Applications products, BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
1. Field technical supports requests by phone, email and web from customers on Oracle Access Management products and technologies related to them
2. Resolve technical and non-technical problems related to customers issues independently as well as with joint efforts
3. Organize customer issues with the aid of several tools, including conference calls, with multiple levels of technical and management personnel
4. Work effectively, within established processes and by establishing new ones, with various internal organizations to resolve problems
5. Be a successful "go-to" person for technical and non-technical issues internally as well as for customers
6. Show technical leadership as well as coaching skills for junior members
* Visits to customer sites may be required
1. Advanced functional and administrative knowledge and hands-on experience of LDAP and directory servers
2. Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience of web servers
3. Knowledge of Java, C, C , XML/XSL
5. Knowledge of UNIX - functional and administrative
6. Knowledge of Windows - functional and administrative
7. Knowledge of TCP and other networking protocols
8. Knowledge of virtual environment software (such as OVM and VMWare)
1. Must be extremely and aggressively customer-focused
2. Must be able to self-motivate with little managerial oversight
3. Must multitask with high rate of success
4. Must effectively and efficiently communicate verbally and in writing
5. Must be highly analytical and organized
6. Must be willing to work in a high-pressure environment
7. Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent a must; Master's a plus
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
1. Excellent "soft" skills for communication with customers
2. Excellent administration and programming knowledge of directory servers and web servers
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.