Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Homesite is seeking a Technical Analyst to work closely with both the business and IT teams, with a focus on Home, Renters, and Condo products. As a member of IT Operations, this person will partner with an IT Project Manager to collect requirements and convert into technical documentation for the Development and QA teams to consume. In addition this person will also be a key contributor to influencing the business and technical analysis process across the entire Homesite enterprise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with the appropriate business and IT groups throughout the application lifecycle to gather requirements, including design creation, code reviews, and test case sign off.
* Collaborate with project manager, customer, business analysts, developers, QA, and other IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis, design, and creation of quality technical solutions.
* Clearly and concisely communicate verbal and written requirements and analysis output to development and QA
* Align technical solutions with business and IT strategic visions while complying with the organization's architectural standards.
* Identify areas for simplification and bundling of IT requests to streamline project execution and make recommendations towards the need to develop new or reuse existing functionality.
* Provide estimation of IT level of effort through partnership with system owners and all affected IT functions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Excellent Analytical Skills: Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems to make informed decisions. Organize and analyze a solution as part of a whole and its individual components.
* Adaptability and Agility: Respond well to change; handle multiple demands / priorities effectively; adapt to best fit with situation at hand; handle conflict effectively; collaborate; willing to accept new responsibilities; take initiative and be accountable.
* Deliverables Management: Match business requirements to deliverables and validate that solutions achieve desired business result. Meet deadlines; Hold self and others accountable; proactive identification and management of risk; manage multiple work streams; work effectively across multiple groups (both internal and external).
* Learning Orientation and Problem Solving: Solve problems promptly and effectively; learn quickly; develop new skills as needed; understand fundamentals of insurance, IT best practices, and technology; connect business problems to technical solutions.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology/Systems, Technical Communications, related field, or equivalent experience
* 5 + years of relevant experience leading efforts around business/functional/system requirements
* Experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies
* Experience writing advanced SQL queries
* Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required