At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel! Do you love helping people? Do you enjoy solving problems? TrueMotion is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer (which we internally call a Technical Account Manager) extraordinaire who will be at the frontline of customer care and support. As a Technical Support "champion," you will resolve complex technical issues with enthusiasm, while remaining calm under pressure and displaying a customer first attitude. You should be comfortable working on complex technical issues while also being able to translate those into a language that all levels of technical aptitude can understand (from Product Manager to Developers to Marketing). You will work directly with customers and must have excellent communication and presentation skills. In this role, you will focus primarily on handling inbound customer support inquiries and escalations on both our platform and mobile applications. This important customer-facing role will also assist with providing external client documentation, help mold the triaging process and provide guidance on best practices in support - our aim is to be the best in tackling our client's needs.
* Provide efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure customer satisfaction
* Provide guidance on iOS and Android mobile technologies, SDK integration and overall deployment of TrueMotion's platform and mobile applications including backend and front-end frameworks
* Create, edit and maintain customer support Knowledge Bases and FAQ's
* Debug customer issues and create reproducible test cases
* Work directly with customers via email, over the phone, and in person
* Present to groups of customer stakeholders on support issue reporting and Root Cause Analysis
* Train and onboard customers on our program management systems and on Zendesk
* Provide escalated technical and triage support
* Work closely with Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams
* Report on issues, resolution, service levels and customer satisfaction
* Manage all customer support tools (e.g., Zendesk) and support processes
* Travel throughout the U.S. and Canada up to 20% for customer meetings
* 1+ years Mobile (iOS/Android) debugging and/or development experience
* Familiarity with basic programming language structure such as JAVA, Objective C, Swift, or Python
* Big data (SQL or other database querying) experience
* 2-4 years experience supporting a SaaS or mobile technical product
* 3+ years on-boarding and training groups of customers on SaaS products
* Superior customer service orientation
* Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in person and over the phone
* Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively
* Proven analytical/problem solving ability
* SaaS and API developer support experience preferred
* College degree (CS degree preferred)
* Competitive salary based on experience
* Stock options
* Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
* Flexible Paid Time Off
* Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
* Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
* Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
* Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
* Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Safer driving, powered by your smartphone.