Watts is seeking a highly-motivated Technical Account Manager to join our exciting, new Software Services division, SynctaSM. Syncta is a cloud-based software solution used to efficiently track and manage the backflow testing lifecycle.
This role is responsible for actively managing the technical relationship with clients. This role is part technical support engineer, part relationship manager and part project manager. This position resolves complex technical issues and provides detailed answers to complex technical questions as part of a team. Performs all other duties as required.
This position can be worked remotely from anywhere on the Eastern half of the USA and will require some travel to Watts facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Own and manage customer relationships; act as a main point of contact for clients and escalated issues, addresses client's more complex technical product needs.
* Collaborate internally with all supporting resources to provide support for clients and all related customer issues through to resolution.
* Understand and work toward short/long term goals and objectives as it relates to all software products.
* Use Product Management methodology to thoroughly document, prioritize, track and drive customer requirements and technical solutions.
* Provide proactive product training for clients as required.
* Oversee and monitor customer requests/issues in ticketing system.
* Provide frequent reports/tracking on customer issues, feedback and resolution.
* Communicate updates to customers and provide resolution to systemic issues.
* Communicate sales/upgrade opportunities to Inside Sales team, and provide assistance with training and demonstrations, as needed.
* Lead support efforts in a high-volume support environment, including online messaging and phone, and quickly respond to client question and concerns.
* Prioritize workload to meet Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics set by management in order maintain high-level customer experience. Participate in creating KPIs.
* Build and maintain sound professional business relationships with both internal co-workers and external customers.
* Manage specific accounts as identified in the Company's database and/or new accounts as assigned.
* Create and maintain self-help documents and educational videos.
* Collaborate in creating and maintaining test, survey and invoice forms.
* Review/verify and update water purveyor contact information.
* Identifies and escalates system or reporting issues or any issues which require additional support.
* Improve the department's overall efficiency and productivity by recommend enhancements
* Identify areas for improvement and "best practices" and make recommendations to management.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* No direct reports
* 5-7 years of customer service/technical support experience is preferred.
* 2+ year(s) experience in the backflow, water or plumbing industry is a plus. Diversified product knowledge and understanding.
* Technically-oriented individual with a high technical-aptitude. Must possess strong computer software skills (familiarity with social media, email, CRM, spreadsheets, and document programs).
* Proven ability to understand and explain details of a technical software solution to both technical and non-technical audiences alike.
* Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues and needs into solutions.
* Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize.
* Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Highly-motivated, self-starter who can handle workload and take initiative.
* Strong team player, work ethic and committed to the job.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Well organized and structured, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Quick learner with high energy and a positive attitude.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Ability to patiently train customers on product features.
* Experience in the backflow, water or plumbing industry is a plus.
* PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Work in office environment or Work in a manufacturing environment
* May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
* As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.