Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We're the world's leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we've been expecting you!
Call-to-Action Items: Apply NOW!, Next Steps, Sign-up for Talent Community, Referral Request, Connect with PAC via Social Media
Provide account management to support customer satisfaction of services offered. Maintain/grow service accounts. Additional areas of responsibility include global maintenance planning, inventory management, trending and statistical analysis, presentation preparation and issues management.
* Create and analyze various reports for management review. Run trend and statistical analysis and interpret in order to provide internal and external on-site presentations specific to metrics and reporting. Utilize database for tracking and problem resolution.
* Accomplish real-time troubleshooting of all Panasonic system configurations via in-flight and ground based calls. Technically support airline and internal technical questions to develop sustainable resolutions so that discrepancies are resolved expeditiously and favorable customer relations are maintained.
* Develop technical manuals including system software and associated equipment and maintain in-depth knowledge of all Panasonic products and installations. Requires constant updating as new products and enhancements are released.
* May act as communications point to the airline, internal customers, third party suppliers and/or OEM as required for technical issues. Support conference calls with various engineering groups and airline customers.
* Ensure consistent and proper business processes are followed in accordance with departmental procedures and company policy.
* Report repair shops and field maintenance personnel findings for status on customer's equipment orders, deliveries and overall program status to meet overall program requirements. Notify management of all potential delivery delays.
* Support in-service operation by coordinating throughout the program with functional departments; Logistics, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Program Management, Product Support Engineering, and Customer Support Engineering.
* Must have a good knowledge of schematics, blueprints, diagrams, component maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs and other technical documents.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel (including formulas), Access and Outlook required. Microsoft Project and Visio knowledge preferred.
* Knowledge of Internet technologies preferred.
* Communicate effectively with internal and external customers working towards quick comprehensive resolution of the customer's inquiry, and keeping management informed of issues that may impact customer service.
* Must always look for ways to improve customer service.
* Ability to own significant customer program issues to quickly respond, troubleshoot, and research sustainable resolutions. Report back to management to ensure expectations are met.
* Articulate, possessing outstanding written and oral communication skills to explain highly technical data to non-native English speaking customers.
* Ability to work well in a high-stress, high-pressure environment. Able to coordinate multiple, high-priority tasks on parallel tracks at the same time.
* Heightened awareness of cultural differences in communication with international clients.
* Well organized, detail oriented and able to work with general supervision.
* BS degree or equivalent related work experience.
* 3 - 5 years relevant work experience. Engineering, project engineering, or project/program management experience preferred.
* Airframe & Powerplant License highly preferred.
* IFE, cellular and satellite communication experience highly desired.
* Linux Basic and Linux Plus or equivalent experience with the Linux Operating system preferred.
* IT and network experience highly preferred.
* Airline operations and 24/7 technical support center experience preferred.
* Working technical knowledge of Panasonic systems is a plus.
* Will require travel (10%) to Maintenance Service line stations, Panasonic Avionics repair shops and/or customer locations for training and/or direct customer support.
* Mandarin language highly desired
* Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: BD9582