BAE Systems is seeking an experienced and highly motivated network and systems administrator with a broad range of expertise to lead customer helpdesk operations at the NATO SEASPARROW Project Office (NSPO) in the Crystal City area of Arlington, VA. The ideal candidate will not only possess a well-rounded IS/IT knowledge and experience base, but will also be a proven problem solver. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
* Lead on-site IT helpdesk staff to provide services and resolve issues for local and remote users related to:
* Common IT equipment such as laptops, tablets, desktops, and associated peripherals.
* Common office automation equipment including but not limited to enterprise multi-function devices (MFDs), network/local printers, photocopiers, large format plotters, shredders, telephones, and facsimile (fax) devices.
* Enterprise mobility solutions.
* Common desktop software applications including but not limited to Windows 10 Enterprise, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
* Use of digital certificates to access systems, sign/encrypt email, etc.
* VPN access using common tools.
* A/V systems including but not limited to matrix switchers, distribution amplifiers, professional audio, televisions, projectors, video teleconferencing (VTC) Systems, etc.
* External systems and applications such as NIPR, NIPR HVD, Navy ERP, etc. Note: The primary systems supported are not part of the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI).
* Lead on-site IT staff in the full life-cycle support of end-user and enterprise hardware and software through the following:
* Assist in establishing end-user requirements and recommending solutions.
* Assist in the procurement and maintenance of all required hardware, software, services, licenses, etc.
* Configure and allocate new and existing hardware items including but not limited to laptops, tablets, desktops, and associated peripherals.
* Configure all software and applications IAW customer IS/IT requirements.
* Administer Microsoft and Cisco enterprise systems, applications, and networking equipment.
* Administer customer enterprise mobility solutions.
* Oversee/conduct the design, installation, and maintenance of on-site and portable conference room A/V systems including but not limited to video matrix switchers, A/V distribution amplifiers, professional audio, televisions, LCD projectors, screens, video teleconferencing (VTC) Systems, etc.
* Troubleshoot and repair/replace both in-warranty and out-of-warranty equipment.
* Maintain equipment inventories.
* Assist in developing, maintaining, and executing the customer IS/IT training plan.
Related responsibilities include:
* Administer facility access control systems (ACS) and video surveillance systems (VSS) IAW best practices and customer policies and direction.
* Coordinate with third-party vendors and contractors for goods/services related to customer IS/IT operations.
* Provide technical liaison services for on-site classified and unclassified network equipment managed and maintained by other entities such as NMCI.
About Bae Systems
BAE Systems engages in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems used in the air, on land, at sea, and in space.