Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Paid Personal Days
* Paid Volunteer time
* Tuition Assistance
* Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in Dallas, Texas we are seeking a Tech Specialist to join our team. This is a key role within the US business responsible for PC/LAN and WAN operations including day-to-day operations such as procurement, implementation and problem resolution. This role is also responsible for desktop support, imaging PC's and deploying. The Tech Specialist will also be involved in coordinating day-to-day systems operations including back-ups, disk management, security management, LAN and WAN network performance for all locations assigned to this department. This role must be competent with network operating systems and applications.
* Installs and maintains LAN and WAN network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals, and wiring.
* Extensive knowledge, understanding, and practical experience with cloud storage (Egnyte a plus)
* Experience with Server 2008, 2012, 2016 Windows 10 and Office 365
* Responsible for adhering to and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for network configurations, procedures, cabling layouts, and computer operations.
* Actively participates in IT status meetings, conference calls and task teams.
* Assists in planning, managing and coordinating hardware/software installations, upgrades, decommissions or general support for local office and remote job sites. Responsible for configuration and implementation of local and wide area network between multiple platforms including remote access, Internet access.
* Provides support to and trains users and peers in local area networks, desktop PC and laptop usage.
* Performs day-to-day systems operations management including desktop configurations, Asset management, user support, escalated help desk service tickets
* Insures that an effective environment and professional attitude are maintained when responding to customer inquiries or problems via telephone, online networks, and email.
* Monitors and maintains network stability.
* Assists in implementing and testing of new technology.
* Communicates with manager of operations and regional manager regarding staff, network and application errors or issues.
* Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
* Actively participates with and insures that quality assurance procedures are practiced to ensure satisfaction of project startup, close-out and overall customer satisfaction.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* High School Diploma or Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any other related field required.
* 5+ years working in a related experience to the role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
* Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Local candidates highly encouraged to apply.
* Previous or current A/E/C Information Technology experience, helpful, but not required.
* Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, internet software, e-mail, database software, network and workstation operating systems, and cloud technology.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry's assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation's largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: