We are on a mission to fundamentally revolutionize real estate in the customer's favor. We envision an unprecedented and unparalleled experience for homebuyers; through our digital system, customers can go through every phase of the purchase transaction (home search, offer making, getting a mortgage, and closing) in a fast, contiguous, and intuitive manner. Redfin reached the tipping point in this revolution through launching a next generation mortgage service in 2017. We now need you to drive our vision to completion and beyond.
Extreme automation is our mantra. A typical home purchase requires over 30 days to close. Through strategic automation, we aim to transform the entire industry by improving closing times to 7 days. The implications of this improvement are significant to home buyers and sellers alike; consequently, our ambitious goals are met with equally challenging technical problems. You will not only be expected to work on these difficult automation and distributed system problems, but also contribute creatively to how we can delight our customers along the way.
Redfin is looking for a highly skilled, hands-on software engineer to lead the technical vision, implementation, and maintenance of the Redfin Mortgage tools and services. In addition, the ideal candidate will be an experienced team leader, or aspiring manager, who is looking to transition to management down the road.
Who You Are
* You rely on feedback and consistent iteration to drive development process improvements, build high quality software services, and world class customer experiences
* You are a very hands-on coder and can and lead by example to demonstrate what software craftsmanship is all about.
* You are passionate about inventing and applying AI techniques to automate tasks that are currently performed by humans.
* You enjoy being a lynchpin and taking an active role in building a high performing team and mentoring junior and senior engineers.
* You are as comfortable being a technical leader on the team as managing a team of developers
* When you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else's opinions and ideas.
* More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
* Ability to handle ambiguity, drive consensus, communicate well with others, and resolve conflict
* Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a geographically dispersed team
* BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
* 8+ years of experience developing full-stack, customer-facing applications and has built APIs.
* Experienced with pragmatic architecture, with a proven track record of leading architecture and development of complex large-scale software systems.
* Experience with full-stack web development (your team works with React.js, Apache Solr, Java, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, and more)
* 2+ years experience leading, or managing a team of developers
* Experience working on an agile engineering team with a focus on shipping high quality, performant consumer-facing products
Technologies We Use and Teach
Great engineers want to work on emerging technologies. Our website and mobile apps are built with Java, Spring, JSP, Postgres, Hadoop, Hibernate, HTML, CSS, JS, React, Objective-C, Swift, and various other tools/libraries. In production we run on Linux. We do our development on MacBook Pro laptops. We use Eclipse (or IntelliJ), Maven, Git and Bamboo.
* Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, in our brand new Frisco office, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building startups into profitable, publicly traded companies.
* You'll get far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person garage startup.
* You'll see the fruits of your labor shipped daily and you'll share in our joy as we hear back from customers, bloggers, and national media.
* A mission that matters. Homes bought and sold with Redfin as of 2017: 120,000+ & $60 billion in total closed home sales
* Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants.
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce
Redfin is a company that provides real estate search and brokerage services.