Mckinsey & Company
* 5-8 years of experience in software engineering, including leading a team and a project workstream
* Broad experience across the following application development technologies and in-depth skills with at least one: Java, .Net, NodeJS, React, Go
* Hands-on skills working with SQL and No-SQL databases
* Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google
* Experience in container technologies like Docker / Kubernetes a plus
* Experience with engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, or application security
* Knowledge of Agile software development process
* Demonstrated track record of successfully understanding the business requirements and designing realistic and effective solutions
* Undergraduate or master's degree; or equivalent work experience
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
* Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
* Willing to travel up to 80%
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with McKinsey Digital Labs in one of our North American offices.
McKinsey Digital brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you'll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You'll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You'll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will work collaboratively in small teams and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications.
In this role, you will employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. You will help combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
As a Tech Lead, you will be a core member of the team with responsibilities that range from driving the architecture design and technology decisions to leading a team of engineers onsite with our clients, while delivering best in class enterprise grade software solutions across a breadth of different platforms and technologies.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
About Mckinsey & Company
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.