Tech Lead/Manager, Machine Perception Software EngineeringSoftware Engineering | Redmond, WA
Come work alongside expert software engineers, hardware engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. We are seeking a Technical Lead/Manager with a deep C++ skillset and a passion for working on breakthrough new technology. You love solving novel problems from first principles. You're always on the lookout for better, faster and smaller solutions. You enjoy working at all levels of the software stack, from device drivers to operating systems, core libraries to user experiences. You have the experience and talent for managing other software engineers. You enjoy mentoring, coaching, providing feedback and making people better.
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), you'll build cutting-edge research prototypes that explore the future of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). Join a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas and incubate respective solutions and systems in areas including optics, haptics, tracking, displays, computer vision, user experience, audio, and perceptual psychology.
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), you'll work on cutting-edge novel technology for AR and VR and integrate it with both research prototypes as well as novel revolutionary consumer products.
* Plan and execute cutting-edge development to advance the state of the art in machine perception, mapping, reconstruction and localization, as well as 3D scene understanding across optical/inertial sensing systems
* Analyze, design, develop and debug real-time VR and AR technology stacks for advanced prototypes and user experiences
* Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
* Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems and imaging systems
* Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
* Manage a small team of up to six software engineers working on AR/VR research and development
* Provide team guidance, regular feedback, education, coaching and mentoring
* Perform regular code reviews and improve the software engineering quality of the team
* Create career development plans, manage performance, create performance reviews, and recruit new software engineers
* BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 7+ years C++ experience, including C++11 features and principles.
* 5+ years experience creating software for real-time environments such as games or robotics.
* 2+ years experience managing software engineers.
* Proven track record of software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
* Problem solving and optimization experience.
* Communication experience and demonstrated experience working across disciplines and teams to drive solutions.
* Hands-on experience with 3D computer vision algorithms including Calibration, SLAM, Reconstruction, Mapping, Localization, Sensor Fusion, State Estimation and Image Processing
* Experience with designing (products or open-source/git software) of inertial/optical sensing devices
* Publication in leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, ICCP, RSS, ICRA, etc.