Whole Foods Market
Team Member Recruiting and Insights is a strategic focus area for Whole Foods Market, Inc., and the supporting technology team is charged with envisioning and delivering best-in-class technologies supporting the strategy. This team will leverage a range of technologies and solution providers, such as Workday, HireVue, Phenom People, Tableau and will provide a personalized web and mobile experience for all People Leaders and hiring managers in stores, facilities, and offices.
The Team Leader of the TM Recruiting and Insights Technology team leads and provides direct support of the project team, handles all tactical aspects of demand management for this team, and ensures that the team's projects are planned and managed according to project management best practices.
This leader will partner with Senior Leadership to evaluate and manage the day-to-day technical and operational work to support the ongoing development and deployment of technology. This leader will have direct leadership of one Sr. Product Owner, a business analyst, and two Software Packaged Engineers, and will partner closely with the QA team and support teams to ensure that the product is of high quality, scalable, and supportable.
This position must be knowledgeable in a wide range of technologies and platforms, especially in those unique to supporting Team Member related technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Partner with this team's leadership and business partners to manage the overall portfolio, prioritization of new projects, resource assignments and delivery timelines.
* Partner with business leaders to understand business strategy; and with other technology teams to articulate the technology strategy to meet the business needs.
* Provide overall Agile methodology support/coaching to the team (analysts and developers); ensure that each project is being planned and managed according to Agile/Scrum best practices.
* Foster an atmosphere of innovation and experimentation to produce new ideas and creative, innovative solutions.
* Provide direct leadership, coaching and support for the team including, job dialogue administration, goal setting and decisions on wage/bonus dispensation.
* Partner with Sr Leadership to provide accurate resource availability and create accurate and detailed project timelines, roadmaps and release plans.
* 3+ years of experience in project management, including the ability to apply project management best practices to each project, and to coach others in using those practices.
* 2+ years of prior supervisory experience required.
* 5+ years of experience delivering technology solutions for business problems.
* Knowledge and experience with systems development lifecycle methodologies (iterative and waterfall), testing techniques, and design documentation techniques (requirements documents, use cases, wireframes, entity-relationship diagrams).
* Experience with best practices for end user training and systems implementation.
* Experience with evaluating, selecting, & implementing 3rd-party solutions.
* Ability to create and sustain strong positive relationships with teammates, business partners, and technology suppliers.
* Ability to use good judgment and make good decisions that consider the needs of all stakeholders.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to facilitate collaborative discussions and reach consensus.
* A degree in IT / Computer Science is preferred.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
About Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is a company operating a chain of natural and organic foods supermarkets.