About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we've been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that's a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners' food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As the Team Lead of the Logistics Data Science, you will be responsible for the data science models at GrubHub Logistics. Data science at Grubhub Logistics is at the core of ETAs, customer behavior models, scoring methodologies, experimentation in a highly correlated system, supply/demand models etc. You will closely work with data scientists, decision engineers, systems engineers and product managers to understand the requirements and manage stakeholders expectations. Your team will ensure that we are using the best technology and modeling frameworks for research and development tasks. You will be responsible for research, development, maintenance and deployment of all data science models on Grubhub Data Platform to make predictions in real time.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
* Build, recruit and manage a talented data science team.
* Take responsibility to identify gaps in our modeling capabilities, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers and software developers to integrate models into production.
* Work with product and business leaders to determine the roadmap and deliverables in logistics.
* Actively contribute to the adoption of best practices for data science model research, development and new technologies. Be a leader within your team and the organization.
You Should Have
* Masters Degree in a quantitative field, Science, Engineering etc
* 6+ years of experience in building quantitative models, predictive models, machine learning models (real time application oriented models is a plus)
* 2+ years in a leadership capacity or equivalent
* Provides mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting
* Manages a team of data scientists and provides mentorship and coaching on career growth for People Management responsibility
* Strong experience in using open source machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, xgboost, spark etc
* Strong fundamental theoretical foundations of statistical and machine learning algorithms
* Experience in model development on big data frameworks like spark or other such frameworks
* Experience in writing fast scalable queries and familiarity with SQL type databases to extract information
* Familiarity with object oriented programming
* AWS experience or similar cloud-based offerings is a plus
* Previous experience in logistics is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
* Flexible PTO. It's true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
* PTO. It's true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
* Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
* Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
* Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they're granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we're all in it to win it.
* Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers - because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
GrubHub provides an online and mobile platform for restaurant pick-up and delivery orders.