Team Lead, Bid Management
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, and hard-working people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Team Management Responsibilities
* Ensures the Bid Management team develops high quality, competitive written proposals
* Provides managerial support to direct reports for addressing escalations, issue resolution, and arbitration
* Guides team members with the completion of tasks and in navigating the cross-functional landscape
* Utilizes effective resource management to address workload requirements across regions
* Acts as a conduit for the dissemination of critical corporate and function-specific information to the team
* Manages the objective setting and review process · Supports the personal development needs of all team members
* Coaches and inspires the team
* Reports on quarterly metrics to direct line management
Bid Management Responsibilities
* Chairs, conducts, and consults on Go/No Go decision (Go/No Go and sign off) in accordance with Global Bid Management procedures
* Arranges, determines, and consults on bid process meetings, including kick off, midpoint, approval meetings
* Facilitates workshops with the document authors to develop win themes, story boards, and document structure to produce a clear, consistent, and complete submission document
* Translates technical, strategic, and business issues and develops prospect value propositions
* Determines timelines and responsibilities for bid activities
* Through bid best practices and methodologies, prepares high quality bespoke bid documents
* Manages relationships and communications with internal stakeholders, subcontractors, third-party suppliers, and other partners required to successfully execute a deal
* Manages and owns the compliance matrix as part of the bid process, ensuring bid procedures are adhered to
* Applies risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
* Identifies and inserts appropriate case study evidence to support the submission, identifying and sourcing new evidence where it doesn't exist
* Delivers guidance and training to Sales Representatives on bid and proposal management methodologies to enhance the selling capabilities of the Salesforce
* 5+ years' experience preferred
* 5+ years' experience working with bids/contracts/proposals
* APMP Practitioner certification preferred
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equinix is a data center and colocation provider for enterprise networks.