Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in Chicago, IL.
Work You'll Do
Work with a team of tax professionals to implement new tax software products and optimize the services provided via existing products. Provide an integrated approach to process improvement that can help the tax department maximize its strategic value to the organization. Tailor consulting methodologies to identify improvement opportunities. Advise clients on the business impact of implementing an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Utilize tax technology applications experience to address a corporate tax function's unique needs, requirements and obligations and develop comprehensive solutions to ensure tax-critical financial information is captured and accessible in ERP systems. Solve complex tax issues as they arise. Present research findings to senior management. Inform clients of tax software developments that affect their business, as well as help clients to interpret and integrate such tax considerations into their business strategy. Interview clients. Document results from workshops. Help translate the tax requirements into technology solutions for the client.
* Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
* Eighteen months of experience performing ERP configuration and implementation.
* Experience must include eighteen months of: * Reviewing business process, work papers, and tax returns to gather tax requirements, and reviewing functional specification documents to identify tax impact;
* Performing tax package evaluation, solution design, development, implementation, system configuration, and testing;
* Designing business processes using MS Visio tools;
* Designing and configuring SAP financial modules through use of new general ledger accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, tax, bank accounting, fixed assets, and controlling functions;
* Integrating financial and tax SAP modules with Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, Project System, Production Planning, and Plant Maintenance modules;
* Drafting test scenarios related to indirect tax for testing, and resolving any defects;
* Gathering and documenting indirect tax requirements for business and performing system fit and gap analysis, and impact analysis;
* Implementing ERP tax solutions, including requirements analysis, design of solution configuration of system and testing go-live, and developing solutions for implementing transaction tax tools, including ONESOURCE Indirect Tax and Vertex, that integrate with Oracle/SAP; and
* Developing business cases to justify decisions for implementing ERP systems with tax software.
Position requires 80% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XSFH19FT0519CHI2
* * * * * *
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.