Leidos is looking for a Program Manager (PM) with a strong background in the delivery of IT services and with the ability to manage the operation, maintenance, and modernization of an IT portfolio that includes ~150 applications critical to the mission of US Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
The PM must provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage large application development teams. The PM will interface with senior CBP leaders and directors to help define their vision and lay down the IT roadmap that will provide the capabilities needed to support that vision. The PM will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. The PM will need to introduce and facilitate process changes into a large organization. The PM will instill Agile values, principals, and methodologies; and introduce new software development technologies and practices for scaled DevSecOps. The PM must have experience managing programs that have successfully transitioned mission critical applications into the cloud. The PM will be responsible for managing a staff of over 300 individuals from both Leidos and its partners. The PM must effectively negotiate differences that may exist between Leidos, our partners, and the customer in order to bring together a cohesive/efficiently running IT organization.
The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for:
* Establishing customer intimacy to understand their mission/vision and establish IT objectives that will achieve success in that mission.
* Providing the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to accomplish all work requirements and task orders; and manage and oversee all activities performed by the program team, including subcontractors, to satisfy the contract requirements.
* Serving as technical and programmatic liaison to the Government with the authority to commit program resources to ensure efficient and timely execution.
* Keeping the customer informed and providing good visibility into ongoing activities.
* Presenting status of contract activities, requirements, and problems during program reviews and in response to requests from the Government.
* Developing and implementing long-term IT roadmaps and strategy, and monitors alignment of tactical activities for potential changes in product owner priorities
* Coordinating with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions.
* Hiring and supervising employees and subcontractor staff. Authoring subcontracting firm performance assessments.
* Identifying program risks and their mitigation.
* Driving process improvements and innovation.
* Planning and implementing actions by the program team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for all deliverables
Creating plans and processes required to meet all performance, schedule, quality, cost, and security requirements.
* Certification in Project Management from a recognized credentialing agency (e.g., Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI)).
* Demonstrated experience in the successful delivery of similar programs, and with organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks.
* At least ten years of experience managing programs in an IT environment.
* Experience serving as a Program/Project Manager leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary staff (100 persons or more) of various labor categories and skills
* Experience managing large agile software application development programs
* Experience with projects that apply CI/CD and SecDevOps techniques to deliver IT capabilities more efficiently and with fewer defects
* Experience facilitating process and attitude changes in a large organization. In particular, experience introducing agile values, principals, and methodologies across an organization, not only at the IT application development team level but at the upper levels of management as well.
* Demonstrated written, oral, interpersonal communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and stakeholders
* U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Full Background Investigation
* Experience developing a strategic vision for a complex organization, balancing modernization needs with critical daily operations and maintenance requirements.
* Experience managing programs or projects in a DHS environment.
* Experience managing programs that have migrated datacenter applications (mainframe and server-based) into the cloud such as AWS and Azure
* Experience with CBP OIT System Engineering Lifecycle Processes
* Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) program experience (Portfolio or Large Solution Configurations)
* ITIL v3 Foundation or higher training
* Active CBP Full Background Investigation
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.