Tabular Model Developer
Job Location: Remote
Join our Team
Centric Consulting is not the typical consulting company. We live our core values and bring them with us in all we do for our clients and community. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. It's this culture, our people, and delivery that come together to make Centric a trusted advisor to local businesses.
Our Data & Analytics practice believes that data can drive business value and performance. But it takes the right people, skills and approach to deliver expected results. That's where you come in! For us, Data and Analytics is more than just a set of technologies. It's about skilled individuals who can align technical capabilities to bring value to a business. What we value the most: people who are dedicated to delivering high quality solutions. It's not enough for things to look good on the surface. They must be built on strong technical foundations. We're looking for a Tabular Model Developer to join our growing team.
The Tabular Model Developer is responsible for creating advanced tabular models (cubes) to support data visualizations in Microsoft Power BI and other tools. Performance tuning and working with large sets of data will set you apart. You will partner with Business Analysts and BI Developers to ensure high-quality visualization solutions
In this role, you will:
* Coordinate technical design sessions with the Business Analysts and BI Developer
* Assess the data needs of an organization and create a flexible enterprise model that produces quick results for large groups of reports and dashboards for various departments
* Utilize your experience designing tabular models by writing complex DAX scripts to support Power BI KPIs
* Review the visualization use cases and determine whether the use of In-Memory models or Direct Query is needed
* Performance tune the tabular model to work with large data sets and/or complicated DAX formulas
* Build enterprise reporting capability using Analysis Services on-prem or in Azure
* Design the tabular model for consumption by non-technical business users in compliance with existing naming standards and metric calculations
* Optimize tabular models so they can be properly rendered in other BI Tools
* Replace existing BI solutions (e.g. MDX, Tableau, Cognos, QLIK) with new tabular models using DAX
* Create tabular models based on Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
* Understand and implement complex user authentication and data access security models in Analysis Services
* Analyze data and identify any data quality issues that can affect the model and reporting
* Support and train other team members on tabular model methodology and the use of DAX
* Participate in code reviews with Clients
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
* Strong SQL skills
* Strong DAX skills
* Expertise designing semantic data models that express the business context
* Ability to architect and design a tabular model solution
* Experience with Microsoft Power BI is a plus
* Experience with Azure Data Service and products (ex. Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Lake Analytics) is a plus
* Ability to integrate row-based security into tabular models
* Proven capacity of troubleshooting issues across multiple departments and vendors
* Ability to adapt in a fast-paced flexible environment
What makes Centric different?
* Special Culture - Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines - who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each other. Don't take our word for it - check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
* Growth opportunities - As a mid-size firm, there is more flexibility when it comes to career paths. Figure out what you want to do and we'll help you figure out how to get there.
* Impact - We think of ourselves as a big company with a small company feel - a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
* Unmatched Experiences - We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It's at the root of who we are as a firm and why we're here.
* Innovation - We value passion, determination, perseverance, and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
* Passion for the greater good - We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
* The Nitty Gritty - Along with the standard health and 401k benefits, we offer self-managed PTO (manage your own work-life balance!), a company paid trip, profit sharing, parental leave and remote working options for our employees.
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.