Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Responsible for the technical planning, coordination and conduct of test activities at the system level across projects. The incumbent will work with multiple internal engineering teams to develop system requirements analysis, system configuration data and automated test activities to ensure required system performance and reliability standards are designed in and verified. The essential function is to drive design, development and test activities from the system requirements view. Additional duties include the implementation of tools suitable for increasing the efficiency of system testing, developing and tracking system test metrics. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will exercise discretionary decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works closely with management to develop and coordinate system test concepts and objectives.
* Works closely with software developers to create software test work products including test plans, test cases, test procedures, and test reports.
* Prepares software test status reports and presents status to management and customers.
* Performs procedure validations, software builds, and test administration.
* Traces system requirements from customer specifications to test cases.
* Assists in the development and maintenance of the System Test Environment (STE).
* Conducts integration and formal system tests.
* Maintains the test requirements database.
* Keeps abreast of improvements in system test engineering techniques.
* Interfaces with hardware, software, and systems engineers to evaluate test alternatives.
* Interfaces with the QA organization to perform any corrective actions resulting from reviews and audits.
* Performs other system test engineering duties as required to meet contractual requirements.
* Writes device/system procedures and conduct tests.
* Actively drives the management and resolution of system ARQs and Issues.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four year college degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of two years of experience, or a Master's of Science degree. Requires knowledge of system test engineering and knowledge of software compilers, architecture, embedded processing, and operating systems. Necessary computer skills include: Experience with JAVA, C/C++, C#, TCP/IP, UNIX, Visual Basic, PERL, SQL Queries, ClearCase and JIRA as well as proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Visio and other MS Office Applications. Use of drawing tools such as AutoCAD is helpful. Effective written and oral communication skills are required. Ability to use typical PC software such as word processors, databases, flowcharts, project schedulers, and spreadsheets. Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering software, and be able to prioritize and conduct multiple tasks under deadline and budget constraints. Use of standard hand tools, and special and general purpose test equipment. Knowledge and experience using tools like Selenium, SoapUI and other Test Automation tools desired. Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines. Demonstrate people-oriented management expertise and practices. Must have strong presentation and organizational skills. Travel, both domestic and foreign is necessary in performing on-site testing.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.