Technical Leader (Security Tools team)
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client's financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Technical Leader!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Technical Leader to join our Security Tools team.
The Technical Leader is a senior technical resource for BBH's Security Tools team. This position will be responsible for the building of a new team to strategize the direction of tools used to support activities across three different disciplines: Production Support, Cyber Security and ISM. The role includes the management and maintenance of such tools including upgrades and addressing technical issues. The role will conduct periodic reviews to ensure each tool is optimally implemented, or, whether it is redundant and should be removed from the catalog. It requires cross training team members to ensure there is depth and breadth in the support of each tool.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
* Prepare conversion plans and design and test conversion procedures.
* Understand and articulate overall application flow, and integrate larger system perspective in design, testing and problem resolution.
* Analyze and classify change requests, identifying and documenting scope of change and impact on other interfaces.
* Participate in walk-throughs which review program specs, source code, all technical supporting documentation, including screens/reports: provide feedback in accordance with department standards and guidelines.
* Produce code for new and modified programs that meet user requirements and conform to departmental standards regarding documentation and structure that is reliable and easy to maintain.
* Develop unit test plans that will thoroughly exercise program logic to ensure program/application performance with regard to business requirements.
* Execute unit test plans, document test results and resolve discrepancies as deemed appropriate.
* Develop, assist with and/or review Business Systems Design and Technical Design Documents.
* Develop system test plans that will thoroughly exercise program logic to ensure program/application performance with regards to business requirements and system integration.
* Conduct research as required.
* Key management interface with both internal and external users in the development of technology-based business applications.
* Manage staffing to ensure sufficient production support coverage and monitor staff assignments to ensure key project deliverables are met.
* Consistently provide employees with constructive and timely feedback, both positive and negative.
* Manage scheduled absences and monitor unplanned absences.
* Develop employees by providing training, mentoring, appropriately challenging assignments and assistance with career planning.
* Assist in the hiring process of qualified personnel.
* BA or Equivalent
* 10+ years of related professional experience
* 7+ years application development experience
* Experience in financial services sector required
* Extensive technical experience
* MVS experience, including JES2 and JCL
* Exposure to MVS 370 OS utilities, including ISPF, JCL, VSAM and DB2
* Knowledge of C++, COBOL, Java, VisualBasic, SUN Microsystems Solaris
* Knowledge of LAN systems (Win NT server or UNIX or AS/400) hardware and software
What We Offer:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself-without leaving the firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique perspective
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.