Systems Support Engineer
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a systems support engineer (SSE) who will serve as the primary provider of IT support to users throughout our global enterprise; this person should have a strong interest and background in PC Hardware, desktop operating systems, and network functionality. In this dynamic position, you will be exposed to multiple IT disciplines including Windows Workstation, Windows Server, MS Exchange, Linux, switches, and telecommunications.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
* Act as a point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance for systems in a Windows and Linux environment;
* Use your knowledge base to effectively diagnose and resolve hardware, software, network and account-related issues;
* Deploy, install, and maintain PCs and software, including tending to all adds, moves, and changes;
* Document all required information in call tracking system appropriately;
* Diligently create and maintain knowledge base as appropriate;
* Exercise appropriate workflow and time management;
You should possess the following qualifications:
* 1-3 years or more of experience in an IT-related field.
* BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
* Proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving problems pertaining to MS Windows operating system, workstation connectivity, MS Office, and malware.
* Familiarity with common IP networking technologies, Linux repository management, system patching, and CLI administration.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and client-facing skills.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
* Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
* Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
* Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
* Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.