Who we are
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team at Cisco drives the technology that's transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. As a Systems Security Engineer, you will be a key member of a team responsible for the design, development, and operation of the platform and tools that engineering relies upon to deliver solutions to our customers. This is a small team that does big things. At its core, the Cloud Infrastructure team provides Infrastructure as a Service for engineering in dozens of our "edge" data centers.
Who You'll Work With
This full stack engineering team is a mix of engineers who have come from network, systems, and software engineering roles and experiences. We are a team that is supportive of learning and is inclined to experiment, iterate, and push each other to learn and grow. Our customers are engineers in the organization, who we value above all else. We pride ourselves in seeing them succeed by leveraging our platform. We work closely with the rest of the Infrastructure Engineering teams to build core Internet infrastructure, security applications and distributed systems at scale.
As a member of this team you will collaborate with engineers to develop solutions to extend and enhance the services offered by the platform. You will work through the entire lifecycle of infrastructure products and services, from ideation to development to operation. These products and services will be used by millions of customers every day from around the world.
Some of the things you will work on:
* Design, build and operate highly available, globally distributed services used by other teams
* Collaborate with product and infrastructure engineering teams to design solutions to enable them
* Learn the ins and outs of supporting a platform running 24x7
* Fine-tune configuration and improve the performance of a variety of systems alongside with your team members
The team could be a good fit for you if several of these apply to you:
* You enjoy working in a multi-functional team that owns the entire stack, thrive in an agile environment and happy to teach/learn from your teammates.
* You enjoy coding in a variety of application languages (C, Python, Golang...)
* You are interested in coming up with innovative solutions for complicated problems, and passionate about finding ways to do things better.
* You enjoy solving complex problems at scale.
* You take security seriously, and want others to do the same.
You could be a great fit for the team if several of these apply to you:
* You have 2 or more years experience building and operating a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
* You have experience with applications that span multiple data-centers and/or cloud controllers
* You possess a strong knowledge of networking fundamentals (OSI model, routing, switching, firewalls, TCP/IP, UDP)
* You have worked closely with application delivery platforms for load balancing, caching, compression, application firewalling, reverse proxy, SSL termination, etc.
* You know your way around Linux, and have built or deployed applications using cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
* You have DevOps experience, understand CI/CD and how to build cloud-based services at scale, and passionate about automation.
* You have worked with container/serverless platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift.
Our interview process:
One of the aspects of job searching that's always nerve wrecking is the interview process. To help reduce that stress, our process is fairly straightforward and we aim to be as transparent as possible with it. The process is as follows:
* 30-minute call with the hiring manager
* 4 hours of interviews with the team on-site or remotely
* 1 awesome collaborative coding assessment
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.