What you'll be doing...
Customers expect our networks to perform at a high level all the time. That's where you come in. You will investigate, evaluate and resolve network and data performance issues to ensure optimal and reliable service for our customers. The work you'll be doing will directly impact customer satisfaction and help keep us ahead of the competition.
* Evaluating service performance trends and isolating root causes of impacted services.
* Performing VoLTE testing and analyses of relevant key performance indicators.
* Coordinating technical investigations and testing with appropriate regional, area and HQ functions.
* Providing technical analysis, troubleshooting, and training assistance to markets and regions as requested.
* Optimizing LTE and RAN networks using traditional and innovative means.
* Investigating and resolving customer complaints regarding service.
* Integrating new cell sites, small cells, and DAS systems into existing macro network.
What we're looking for...
You have a strong customer service orientation. You like to take ownership of an issue and resolve it successfully. You are able to understand and evaluate a complex problem and present solutions. You work well independently as well as effectively with diverse business teams and vendors to implement solutions.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of LTE including VoLTE and RAN networks.
* Knowledge of IP and transport protocols.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Working knowledge of at least one data collection tool such as Datapro, and TEMS Symphony.
* Working knowledge of data analysis/post-processing tools such as Irisview, Windcatcher/Actix/TEMS Discovery.
* Knowledge of propagation and optimization modeling tools such as Planet, GeoPlan, ACP, DB Planner.
* Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, Unix, scripting tools.
* Knowledge of mapping software such as MapInfo, ArcGIS, Topo.
* Knowledge of Ericsson systems including OSS and 3GPP LTE standards.
* Ability to differentiate and diagnose RAN and CORE related problems.
* Understanding of IMS and systems engineering aspects related to RAN and proficiency in Core level call flow analysis.
* Valid driver's license.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.