What you'll be doing...
You will ensure smooth integration of new services and technologies into the network. You will work with Traffic and RF engineers to identify and kick off new search areas for In-Building solutions and upgrades for existing In-Building solutions. You'll help to prioritize multiple high-visibility projects to meet submarket build plan goals. You will also perform on and off site evaluations and design In-Building systems ranging in size and scope. You will lead on-site design visits, integration and commissioning for In-Buildings and working through the process to get the project to completion in a timely manner.
* Releasing designs and supporting them through the project lifecycle including: design, drawing reviews, EME analysis, regulatory submissions (FCC/EME), and 911 submissions.
* Interfacing with Real Estate, Construction, Transport and Regulatory teams to ensure that our network quality and financial objectives are met by deploying the right In-Building solutions.
* Working closely with the System Performance Team to monitor and optimize In-Building parameters to ensure smooth handoff with macro and small cells.
* Evaluating Service Performance trends using system or drive data.
* Performing all RF Performance activities required to support the network build program (new cells, modifications, carrier adds, etc.).
* Evaluating In-Building/oDAS/iDAS/Small Cell solutions designs, installations and complete testing for activation.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of 5G, LTE and CDMA technologies.
* Knowledge of IP and transport protocols.
* Knowledge of LTE including VoLTE and RAN Networks.
* Experience with Inbuilding/oDAS/iDAS/Small Cell solutions.
* Willingness to work occasional night or weekends.
* A valid Driver's license.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
* A Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
* Experience and certification on DAS OEM platforms such as Corning, Commscope, Teko/JMA, SpiderCloud, and Nokia MBI.
* Knowledge of at least one data collection tool such as Datapro.
* Knowledge of data analysis/post-processing tools such as Irisview, Windcatcher/Actix.
* Knowledge of propagation and optimization modeling tools such as Planet, Atoll, ACP, DB Planner, and IBwave.
* Knowledge of ALU systems including OSS.
* Knowledge of 3GPP LTE standards.
* Ability to understand, compile, evaluate, and present complex data and solutions.
* Ability to differentiate and diagnose RAN and CORE related problems.
* Understanding of Systems Engineering aspects related to RAN & proficiency in Core level call flow analysis.
* Knowledge of IMS.
* Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, Unix, and scripting tools.
* Knowledge of mapping software such as MapInfo, ArcGIS, and Topo.
* Experience with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.