Jack Henry & Associates is currently looking for an iSeries/MIMIX Systems Administrator to join our OutLink Data Center Infrastructure Support team. In this role, you will become a key member of the team responsible for monitoring, maintaining, implementing, troubleshooting, and recovering systems in a nationwide Data Center configuration. Key components of this configuration with which you will be involved include central BCRS systems (large IBM System i machines), endpoint data center production systems (large IBM System i machines), high speed communication links, and the Vision Solutions Mimix replication product.
This role can sit in our Monett, MO, Springfield, MO, Charlotte, NC or Allen, TX locations.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in systems or network administration.
* IBM i Series experience.
* Experience with MIMIX or similar replication software.
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS).
* Professional expertise in administering MIMIX replication environments.
* Applicable industry standard certification(s) preferred, including:
* Problem Determination
* IBM System i Administrator (7.1 or more recent)
* Work on large complex projects.
* Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices.
* Good knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles.
* Excellent communication and customer interaction skills
* Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a timely manner.
* Experience supporting business critical applications
* Ability to maintain professional demeanor when dealing with difficult or challenging situations
* Extensive IBM i operation knowledge is needed
* Extensive knowledge of journaling in the IBM i environment is needed
* Extensive knowledge of Mimix V7 is needed
* Experience with IBM i5 OS version and 7.3 is highly desirable
* Experience with Independent ASPs in IBM i environment is highly desirable
* Knowledge of other replication / JHA products (such as IBM POWER HA, Data Mirror, etc..) on midrange IBM systems a plus
* Knowledge of products offered by Jack Henry & Associates a plus
* Monitor replication environment to ensure recoverability status
* Maintain Mimix replication environment to ensure all production products and data at the BCRS site are current and in a recoverable state at all times.
* Implement Mimix deployments on new system i Partitions as needed
* Perform software updates as needed to maintain currency of Mimix in replication environment
* Troubleshoot various Mimix related issues, resolve successfully
* Perform essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing
* Participate in on-call 24x7 support rotation
* Perform periodic recovery testing of DR plans
* Assist with live recovery operations in the event of a fault or disaster which requires activation of the central BCRS site for live processing requirements of endpoint Data Centers
* Document and implement necessary procedures, policies, events, and logs
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.