The core focus of this role is to provide leadership and guidance on all aspects of IT infrastructure Production and Corporate Operations with a primary focus on service. Responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise's overall systems. Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery. Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies. Delegates to and manages a team responsible for all implementations, operations, and incident response; Includes the management of Systems Engineering and Service Desk teams.
* Coordinate with the Director of IT Operations to translate the IT strategic vision into a deliverable and sustainable IT operations platform
* Responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise's overall systems.
* Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
* Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery.
* Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies
* Track, monitor, and report key operational performance measures on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to meet corporate and customer reporting requirements
* Manage, mentor, guide and provide strategic and tactical direction for the Systems and Service Desk teams
* Technologies include, but not limited to:
* SAN and NAS storage
* Server hardware and Operating Systems (MS Windows and UNIX)
* Virtualization platforms
* Core applications and support systems (Active Directory, Exchange, Sharepoint, etc.)
* Manage an IT infrastructure and team that spans multiple locations, including company-owned facilities globally and connectivity to third party service providers
* Work with key business partners to ensure support levels meet the needs of the business
* Understand, develop and implement procedures for the Systems team
* Provide leadership and direction to employees to ensure that individual performance and goals support and align with department objectives and the corporate business plan
* Establish standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent IT operations and appropriate safeguards over the company's information assets
* Manage execution towards continuous improvement
* Must have experience with Incident & Problem Management activities, including Escalations, Root Cause Analysis tracking, process improvements of existing support functionality
* Evaluation and analysis of new technologies and vendor products relating to existing and future business requirements
* Ensure stability of all services by monitoring for trends of issues and growth
* Interface with other technical staff regarding availability of the infrastructure, health of the hardware, technical considerations for planning and managing hardware replacements
* Work with Sales Team to Engineer projects, identify new products and solutions, and research solutions for existing clients
* Provide escalation support and management for end user issues and trouble ticket resolution and providing communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
* Provide in-depth diagnosis for system software/hardware failures and develops solutions
* Be available for other engineers and staff and coach them to resolution
* Participate in on-call rotation, ensuring proper resolution to escalated issues
* Minimum 10 years of IT experience; including 3 years in a supervisor, mentor, leadership or manager role is required.
* Must have a strong understanding of monitoring, capacity management and provisioning as related to supporting and enhancing large Windows hosted applications and virtualized infrastructures.
* Possess a thorough understanding of monitoring and management systems.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
* Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
Technically talented teams. A variety of challenging projects. Standard business hours that allow for an enjoyable work/life balance. And, the ability to contribute! This is what you can look forward to if you join our team. This position also offers a generous 401k profit-sharing plan, medical/dental insurance, vision discount plan, and generous paid time off.
Data Foundry, Inc. provides comprehensive wholesale and retail data center outsourcing, colocation, and disaster recovery services. The company provides its customers with secure premium facilities for servers and equipment, emergency workspace and carrier-neutral network accessibility, supported by experienced onsite technicians and customer support 24/7/365. The company supports more than 1,000 enterprise customers across a variety of industries including energy, healthcare and financial services. Founded in 1994, Data Foundry, Inc. was the first Internet Service Provider in San Antonio and one of the first 50 Internet Service Providers in the United States. Today, Data Foundry, Inc. operates data centers in Austin and Houston and owns private networks in Austin, Houston, San Antonio and Dallas.