Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
The Zoetis Global Solution Center (GSC) organization has the charge to design, build, implement and sustain enterprise ERP and Supply Chain solutions based on the SAP technology platform.
The SAP APO Global Planning System Lead position will be part of the GSC and report to the GSC Global Planning Lead who is based in Parsippany, NJ. This colleague will be responsible for the daily support of the applications used by the global planning business. Our solution is based on SAP applications with APO as the primary Global Planning component, but other applications may also be a part of the landscape and require support. We have implemented an SAP centric global solution at Zoetis.
This is a hands-on position with the primary purpose of long term support which includes resolving break fix incidents, system enhancement requests, and support of projects.
This position will:
* Provide "Business As Usual" (BAU) support of every day break/fix issues, enhancement identification and delivery for solution improvements, as well support for ongoing or future projects.
* Act as internal consultant for the Supply Chain Logistics - Global Planning teams. Work with peers in the ITS organization and business representatives to determine business process and solution design leveraging the capabilities of the SAP modules.
* Support the identification of opportunities to standardize processes and system configuration globally and ensure compliance across all implementation to these standards
* Collaborate with representatives of other SAP functions to ensure end to end process integration and consistency
* Develop, prototype, test and implement solution improvements to increase stability, usability and functionality to enable end users to meet business objectives
* Support the global deployment of Global Planning solutions within the corporation
* Develop, prototype, test and implement SAP APO and other solution enhancements
* Contribute as a team member to enhancements and project teams
* Perform thorough analysis to identify all potential impacts for change requests
* Train and transfer knowledge to other team members, users and stakeholders as required
* Update and maintain all related functional documentation
* Conduct Unit tests, Integration tests, and Regression tests
* Proactively proposing solutions to improve the support of new and existing business processes
* Ensure customer expectations have been met through delivery and ongoing execution of services
Ongoing Systems & Service Delivery and Process Improvement
* Understand key business controls and impacts of changes caused by functionality, technology changes and changing business needs
* Provide support for global and regional systems and services
* Work with Business counterparts to ensure audit, SOX and other compliance requirements
* Identify and initiate process improvements (continuous improvement)
* Monitor process compliance and performance metrics
* Bachelor's degree in Technical, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field is required
* 5+ years of SAP APO experience with multiple full life cycle implementations
* Experience in BI solutions is preferred.
* Experience in international environments
* Proven ability to quickly learn existing Business Processes and combine knowledge from multiple disciplines (e.g. SAP capability, Standard industry best practice) to produce an optimal business solution
* Ability to work independently, effectively coordinating multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing environment and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Adept at understanding customer challenges, navigating from problem to resolution and communicating process and resolution effectively both verbally and in writing
* Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management and staff
* Experience in life sciences / pharmaceuticals industry preferred
* Extensive experience with configuration of SAP ECC 6.0, SCM 5.1 or 7.0 and BI modules in several or all the following areas:
* Demand Planning (DP)
* S&OP Planning and Forecasting
* Statistical Forecasting
* Supply Network Planning (SNP)
* SNP Optimizer based Planning
* Aggregated Planning
* Collaborative demand and supply planning
* VMI Planning
* Master Production Schedule (MPS)
* Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP)
* Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PPDS)
* Characteristics based planning (CBP)
* Variant Configuration
* Inventory Planning / Optimization
* Returns Planning
* SCM / BI Integration and Reporting
* Knowledge of key integration points between multiple systems such as ECC, BI, APO DP, APO SNP, Legacy, Reporting, etc.
* Knowledge of key integration points with SAP application areas such as SD, MM, PP, BI, BPC, etc.
* Knowledge of shared service type/centers of excellence operations preferred
* Business Process Analysis, Design & Improvement
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must
* Customer focus
* Strategic thinking and analytical skills
* Timely decision making and problem solving skills
* Some travel may be required (<25%)
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Zoetis is a producer of medicine and vaccinations for pets and livestock.