Onshape (www.onshape.com) is a well-funded mid-size startup developing a completely new Computer Aided Design (CAD) platform, delivered globally as a SaaS, for professional mechanical designers and engineers. Think SolidWorks meets GitHub meets Google Docs. Our office is at One Alewife Center, Cambridge and a very short walk from the Alewife "T" Station. We have a fantastic team here of ~100 people. You will be working on a one-of-a-kind 3D collaborative CAD application with cutting edge cloud, web, and mobile technologies.
Join an exciting and growing startup with responsibilities for building, operating and scaling our global CAD service. Use your Java development and Linux systems skills to design and implement new functionality, ensure reliable performance and maintain security for the next generation of 3D designed products.
* Successful candidate will be a self-motivated software development professional, comfortable working in a complex code base on a fast-moving DevOps team.
* Work as part of the technical operations team responsible for deploying, operating and scaling our global SaaS CAD product.
* Design, implement, test, and deliver maintainable, performant Java code for the Onshape CAD product itself and internal developer/operations tools.
* Work closely with team members to review each other's designs and implementations.
* Work as part of an agile engineering organization that uses continuous integration and agile methods to deploy new production releases every 3 weeks.
* Has the ability to find the balance between perfection and getting the job done.
* Actively seeks out problems to be solved and is willing to look for new ways of solving old or hard problems.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* 5+ years experience in building large-scale, distributed systems in Java.
* Experience with deployment and troubleshooting on Linux platforms (Ubuntu specifically).
* Attention to detail with an eye for efficiency, scalability, and maintainability.
* Substantial experience with Java 8+ and frameworks like Spring / Guice.
* Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and distributed computing.
Optional Skills and Experience:
* Experience with technologies like MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, ZooKeeper, AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudFormation).
* Experience with security technologies like SAML, Google SSO and Spring Security. Understanding of SDLC, security vulnerability identification / remediation and attack surfaces.
* Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet and Ansible.
* Experience with monitoring and alerting platforms.
* Experience with metrics collection, analysis and performance tuning.
* Cambridge, MA (Alewife)
Onshape is the first and only full-cloud 3D CAD system that lets everyone on a design team work together using any web browser, phone, or tablet.