Systems Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) Engineer
The Protected Communication Systems Department is involved all aspects of Systems Engineering across the program lifecycle of Protected Communication Systems programs within the Integrated Communications System (ICS) mission area. The systems engineering includes architecture development, CONOPS development, trade studies, modeling and simulation, systems/software/hardware requirements analysis, as well as integration, validation and verification. The Department supports a variety of communications systems including SATCOM (including AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band, PTW), line of sight, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms.
We are currently seeking experienced Systems IV&V engineers to join our dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing team. The SEIT IV&V activities include all aspects of system integration and test in both laboratory and challenging environmental conditions including, but not limited to, temperature, vibration, salt/fog, lightning, humidity and reliability growth testing. The SEIT IV&V organization also supports system architecture development, CONOPS development, system trade studies, requirements analysis and flow down to hardware/software configuration items; all of which lead to the final system integration, verification and validation.
* Minimum of 4 years (2 years with a Masters Degree) of systems integration and verification experience
* Must have a background and competency in requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
* Must have experience with communication architectures
* Must be able to work within a structured Systems Engineering process environment including a task oriented, value based management system
* Must be able to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
* Must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and be able to communicate effectively
* Experience with Environmental Qualification Tests including: requirements analysis, procedure development, test conduct and evaluation of results. Experience in some or all of the following are highly desirable: EMI/EMC, shock, vibration, altitude, temperature, dust, humidity, and reliability growth
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* Desired Skills:
* Working knowledge and understanding of environmental test requirements pertaining to Military Standards including; MIL - STD - 810, MIL - STD - 167, MIL - STD - 1399, MIL - STD - 1540, MIL - STD - 461
* Technical experience with System Level Integration, Verification and Validation on SATCOM (AEHF, EHF, X-Band, Ka-Band, Ku-Band, C-Band), LOS/BLOS, and networking for ground based, ship, submarine, and airborne platforms
* Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, engineering tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
* Design and development experience with Satellite Communications systems
* Agile/Scrum program experience
* Technical leadership experience
* Active DoD Secret Clearance.
* BS Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Mathematics
* Master's Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Mathematics
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
137695BR 137695 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.