Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world--in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals--that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Systems Integration Specialist proactively contributes to multiple moderate to complex projects and design changes in support of investigations. Resolves product problems and technical issues with minimal oversight across multiple system functions.
* This position is based in Irving, TX. Qualified candidates must current reside in, or near, the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX area.
* Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
Main Position Responsibilities:
* Maintains adherence to Quality System - Implements and maintains the effectiveness of the quality system.
* Design Control - Writes and executes moderately complex system related verification and or characterization protocols and data packages.
* Applies moderately complex quantitative methods, analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and provides and implements improvements.
* Risk Mitigation - Reviews technical risks and takes appropriate action.
* Technical Investigation Support - May assist in developing FMEA for Risk Management.
* Supports moderately complex investigations of system issues.
* Collaborates across functional areas - Presents, delivers and interprets information amongst product team members, scientists, engineers, and other systems development personnel.
* Works well with others in a collaborative, goal-driven environment.
* Technical Leadership and Mentoring - May provide input into moderate to complex project and design plans and timelines.
* May provide technical mentoring.
* May participate in hiring process for system integration resources and provide input to System Integration Managers.
* May provide feedback to expense monitoring.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Life or Physical Science, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering or closely related discipline is preferred.
* 2+ years' work-related experience with degree or sufficient transferable experience to demonstrate functional equivalence to a degree.
* Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
* Good Lab Practice, Good Manufacturing Practice, laboratory duties.
* MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and data representation skills.
LOCATION:United States > Irving : LC-02
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf