At Blackbaud, we're here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we're inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Systems Engineering Team Lead to both oversee and work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions supporting our Corporate & Foundation Solutions vertical. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure application solutions. You'll cultivate a high performing team and guide them in advancing their technical and engineering skills to meet the demands of rapidly evolving technologies. And, you'll relentlessly pursue opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to pivot your focus between both leading a team through day-to-day activities, as well as contributing to the day-to-day workload and outcomes of the team. You will also dive into the details to understand a complex system of environments and applications, with a drive to identify opportunities to streamline and automate wherever possible.
What you'll be doing:
* Cultivate a diverse, high-performing team that develops, recognizes and retains the best people and challenges them to advance their technical and engineering skills
* Direct and contribute to daily 24/7 operations of the team; enforcing priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational effectiveness metrics
* Utilize advanced knowledge of system design and application architecture to expedite the investigation and resolution of incidents and problems
* Lead teams in technical design, planning, and in predictably and efficiently delivering on our commitments within assigned responsibilities (application delivery) on time, on budget and with high quality.
* Navigate and contribute to the intersection of engineering and operations, driving automation to increase efficiency and reliability.
* Effectively collaborate in vendor engagements to expand our workforce capacity as needed.
* Partner with Product Management and Application Engineering to align on operational needs and product roadmap.
* Coach and train system engineers in automation methodologies such as Windows PowerShell Essentials, Scripting, and Toolmaking
* Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
* Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
* Drive incident response with relentless focus on restoration of service, followed by tenacious pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
What we'll want you to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
* Demonstrative experience in Windows Server and IIS Administration Fundamentals
* Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration and AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances and Availability Groups
* Practical experience managing Citrix XenApp enterprise environments is preferred
* Experience managing in Operations, Engineering, and/or a DevOps culture in a hybrid platform environment.
* A minimum of 5 years in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (Microsoft Azure preferred)
* Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
* Practical experience with Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or equivalent technologies required.
* Practical experience in software engineering best practices such as design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development preferred.
* Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
Why you'll want to come work here:
* Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
* Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America's Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
* We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
* We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.