CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Systems Engineering Manager - complex Linux/Unix Environment
We are ETPA (Enterprise Technology Production Assurance), a very advanced, passionate, and dedicated team staffed with talented people who have diverse skill-sets. The team is comprised of individuals who are advanced Linux systems engineers and subject matter experts on CME Group's in-house applications, third party middleware, messaging, and DevSecOps applications. Each person combines traditional Unix systems admin skills along with advanced application support, automation, and troubleshooting skills to enable rapid deployment of applications and fast resolution of critical issues with CME Group's electronic trading system, Globex.
As a manager of the team, you will be responsible to drive the global team forward from a support and career perspective, and provide technical support as needed.
The chosen candidate will manage a team of at least 4 people where he/she will foster a team-oriented environment, provide leadership and direction, and promote a culture shift to a DevSecOps methodology. He/she will be responsible for performance reviews, and regularly conversations with direct reports as well as counterparts in the various global regions to improve our team and our follow-the-sun support model.
The ideal candidate will be accountable for building and running a team who works on large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant, and latency sensitive applications that run CME Group's business and provide our customers with extremely fast and reliable access to our markets. This individual will work on systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days during times of turmoil or surprises in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles
* 10+ years of working in complex Systems Engineering Environments.
* 4-5+ years of Unix/Linux experience.
* A solid understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems along with networking concepts, particularly with the ability to troubleshoot issues that involve the network, interpreting packet captures, and diagnosing connectivity issues.
* 5+ years of technical application support and troubleshooting.
* 3+ years of Technical Lead or Technical Management experience.
* Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
Preferred skills (exposure to):
* An understanding of DevSecOps concepts and Site Reliability Engineering
* Exposure to: Chef, Ansible, Docker, and/or Jenkins
* Cloud Knowledge a plus - AWS/Google or similar
* Configuration management and change management experience.
* A Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific role.
* Manages a team of 4+ engineers and provide support to technical teams and the business.
* Assesses risk levels, solves problems creatively, and communicates effectively in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking, sense of urgency, and attention to detail is critical.
* Deploys in-house and 3rd party applications with a keen focus on automation and hardening.
* Identifies and resolves performance issues and bottlenecks.
* Collaborates with our Global Information Security team to provide secure solutions.
About CME Group
CME Group Inc. (Chicago Mercantile Exchange & Chicago Board of Trade) is an American financial market company operating options and futures exchange.