Areas of Work/Experience:
* MAC layer
* Knowledge of WWAN standards (LTE, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, HSPA) and WLAN/WPAN standards (e.g. 802.11bgn, Bluetooth, UWB) highly desired.
* Knowledge of Internet protocols: in particular, SIP, TCP/ IP, IP mobility management, security and QoS mechanisms
* Knowledge of network architecture standards (e.g., FMC, IMS) a plus.
* PHY layer focus
* Theoretical grounding in digital communications, networks, probability and random processes.
* DSP Firmware.
The two primary skill sets required for this position are real world experience in real-time embedded C along with a strong background in communication theory and digital signal processing (DSP), and the ability to work well in a team environment working on multiple projects with challenging deadlines.
* Programming experience required; knowledge of C, C++, Matlab, Opnet, NS2 a plus.
* Experience with hardware, software, firmware or RF development desirable.
* Typical assignment would be to design the systems aspects of a complex feature, then work closely with digital hardware, software, firmware and RF teams to implement and verify the feature.
* Systems activities include theoretical analysis, computer aided analysis, regular active participation in design and review sessions, contribution to Qualcomm's IP portfolio and systems support for implementation related activities.
* Candidates will work in an exciting team environment with some of the brightest systems engineers in the industry and will have frequent interaction with other engineering disciplines. Senior candidates may lead a team of multiple systems engineers or a multi-disciplinary project." /> Job Id T1971932 Job Title Systems Engineering Careers @ Qualcomm Company Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area Engineering - Systems
Location California - San Diego
Overview Education Requirements Preferred: Doctorate, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering" id="hdnEducationalRequirements" />Required: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering Keywords
Qualcomm is a semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services.