As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will support the systems engineering and integration for various spaceflight systems. You are comfortable quickly adjusting to evolving requirements or external constraints. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of development and verification of vehicle concepts. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Perform a wide-range of systems engineering activities, such as:
* Develop and mature concept of operations documents
* Derive top-level specifications from internal and external stakeholder analysis
* Author specifications and perform requirements analysis, decomposition, and flowdown
* Plan and support execution of requirements verification and validation
* Create and maintain system-level performance budgets, functional and physical architectures, and interface control documents
* Define and monitor technical performance metrics
* Develop and maintain system analysis documentation
* Define and lead systems engineering portions of gated reviews
* Support the risk and opportunity management process
* Carry out systems engineering activities in accordance with system engineering standards and practices, tailoring them where appropriate
* Champion thorough and effective, yet agile, configuration and data management processes
* Bring systems engineering expertise and insight to the peer review of a wide-range of engineering artifacts
* Develop strategies and approaches for specialty engineering (operability, reliability, maintainability, supportability)
* Work closely with program management, business development, and the other engineering disciplines to develop integrated design solutions.
* Write cogent and succinct technical memos and devise innovative and intuitive ways to visualize quantitative information.
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in Aerospace or Systems Engineering or equivalent
* 8+ years industry experience in development of space systems
* Experience working collaboratively in small teams on fast-paced projects
* History of developing systems from clean-sheet designs with partially defined higher-level requirements and changing criteria, figures-of-merit, and objectives
* Exhibit excellent judgement and be comfortable making high-quality and high-velocity decisions
* Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* S. in Aerospace or Systems Engineering
* Experience across the product life cycle (pre-conceptual design through field support)
* Experience with one-or-more requirement management tools (e.g. DOORS, DOORS NG, Jama, Integrity, etc.)
* Familiarity with version control (e.g. Git/Gitlab, Subversion, Windchill)
* Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
* Experience with proposal development
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.