Systems Engineer (Subject Matter Expert)
L3 Adaptive Methods is seeking a Systems Engineer, Subject Matter Expert (SME).
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
* Collaborate as part of a team in addition to being a technical expert.
* Work loosely with Fleet users to gather feedback to research and develop User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) designs software that supports a variety of U.S. Naval shore sites and platforms, including P-8s, UUVs, Aircraft Carriers, Cruisers, and Destroyers.
* Develop test cases and work with Testers and other SMEs to develop User stories that provide operational scenarios to test software.
* Utilize your broad depth of knowledge to influence and support all aspects of the program unlike any discipline, knowing how the system is built and expected to perform in an operational environment.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
* Bachelor's degree with 16 years of experience or equivalent.
* Expert understanding of U.S. Navy ASW, USW, MIW, IW, and/or C2 mission areas, associated platform capabilities and CONOPS, specifically as a part of the MPRA, Submarine or UUV community.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to mentor and motivate others.
* Must have sound troubleshooting, analytical and organizational skills.
* Ability to exercise problem resolution, sound judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills.
* Able to adapt in a quick-paced and distributed work environment.
* Ability to successfully gather user requirements and decompose into required capabilities and features.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Must have a strong sense of follow-through.
* Willing to try new things, including field testing.
* Active SECRET clearance or ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance.
* Travel is an integral part of this position, which can be as high as 20% as demanded by the needs of our customers and our business.
DESIRABLE JOB SKILLS:
* Quality assurance (software testing) or maintenance background a plus.
* Understanding of UX/UI design, standards, and processes with experience generating design documentation.
* UX/UI development experience with Naval Warfare Systems.
* Understanding of user scenarios, usability, and workflow design.
* Familiarity with acquisition processes.
L3 ADAPTIVE METHODS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you are interested in applying for employment with L3 Adaptive Methods and believe you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources Department.
Hearing impaired users please have your relay service provider contact our Human Resources Department.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
L3 Adaptive Methods, www.adaptivemethods.com, is a wholly owned subsidiary of L-3 Technologies headquartered in Virginia with offices in Maryland, Florida, Rhode Island and Washington. We are a developer of advanced sensor processing and computing architecture products for surveillance, security and military combat systems. In partnership with the federal government, L3 Adaptive Methods addresses critical U.S. Navy Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) needs.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.