The ideal candidate has advanced technical expertise in automation through scripting to extend service offerings and ensure consistency. They are also proficient in the troubleshooting, installation, configuration, operation, design, and maintenance of a windows and virtualization environment with responsibilities for delivering technology solutions and ensuring stability for a global server environment.
This role requires interaction with other State Street IMS support, development teams, and clients. Therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
* Drive automation at every layer of the technology stack, with the goal of providing a mature, stable platform for the entire company
* Work with Project Management team to understand requirements and develop/implement complex projects
* Assist with the development and implementation of standards, processes, and procedures to ensure service level requirements are met and improve overall quality of solutions.
* Support, maintain, and improve the global corporate virtual server infrastructure
* Respond promptly to incidents. Provides solutions to issues based on prescribed guidelines or procedures. Escalate in a timely manner
* Participate in vendor meetings to discuss vendor performance, map technology road maps and review/follow-up on root cause of issues.
* Participate in scheduled testing and maintenance events.
* Provide 24x7 on-call support (on a rotational basis) and be available after-hours to assist with or supervise data center installations or activities (as required)
* Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, systems engineering and architecture standards and strategies to increase reliability and manageability.
* Data Center support - rack/stack/configure/cable
* Maintain and update documentation.
* Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis. Upgrade administrative tools and utilities as needed. Configure/add new services as necessary.
* Collaborate with the IT security team to ensure implemented solutions meet security standards
* Convey a helpful attitude with both internal and external clients.
* Communicate information clearly and effectively, verbally and in written format.
* Advanced knowledge of cloud orchestration technologies (vRA, UCSD, etc.)
* Advanced knowledge of automation technologies (Powershell, Scripting, Puppet, Foreman, Chef, etc.)
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of operational support experience in the following areas:
* VMWare/vSphere stack
* Enterprise hardware (Cisco UCS/Nutanix)
* Microsoft Windows Server - 2008 and 2012
* Enterprise monitoring solutions such as Nimbus, SCOM, asvRops, Solar Winds, etc.
* Vendor management experience required.
* 1 or more of the following certifications or demonstrated ability in the following required - MCSA, MCSE, VCP
* Knowledge of relevant development trends and technologies (Docker, CI, etc.)
* Knowledge of non-VMware virtualization solution (AHV, KVM, etc…)
* Knowledge of Enterprise Antivirus/Malware Protection Software (Trend Officescan/ Trend Deep Security/ Cylance/ Crowdstrike)
* Knowledge of Patch Management Applications (SCCM/Shavlik)
* Microsoft Office 365 support experience
* Knowledge of SAN and NAS solution (Hitachi, NetApp, etc…)
* Understanding of ITIL framework
About State Street
State Street is a financial holding company providing a range of products and services for large pools of investment assets.