This is as an exciting opportunity to join our Technology Operations team as a Systems Engineer. As the Systems Engineer you will support the systems and applications powering Cornerstone's world-class web based SaaS applications in our highly available global datacenters. We are one of the largest SaaS companies on the planet with more than 30 Million business users on our platform.
You will work with the latest Microsoft technologies (we are a MS Gold Partner) in a fast-paced, interactive environment. You will be working with load balanced web farms, SQL clusters, SAN storage, VMware, public cloud and other technologies supporting the Cornerstone SaaS application. This position includes responsibility for system backups, disaster recovery planning and server security practices.
You are expected to have systems administration skills supporting Windows/Linux environments in a datacenter environment. You will research and resolve complex problems encountered during the installation and maintenance of Cornerstone's on-prem datacenters. Success in this role will provide a host of additional opportunities for professional growth
Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Responsible for datacenter operations and support to maintain uninterrupted production systems
* Specific operations responsibilities include configuration, administration, upgrade, security remediation and overall maintenance of server, storage, and DB resources
* Research and resolve complex problems encountered during the installation and operation of our software applications to ensure negligible impact on both client and internal operations
* Participate in meetings and provides technical assistance and interpretation to Executive staff on issues affecting company-wide computer hardware, software, and communications needs.
* Requires continual emergency on-call status involving information systems and data communications systems.
* 2-5 years of datacenter and enterprise application support experience
* Compute -- Cisco UCS blades and rackmount servers
* Virtualization - VMware 6.5, vSAN, VDI
* SAN storage - Fibre channel switches, Pure Storage, NetApp
* Automation/Scripting experience - Powershell, BASH, python
* Demonstrated experience building and maintaining production system infrastructure, involving large amounts of data that needs to be secured, replicated, archived and delivered to end users with high reliability
* Experience with operations tools like LogicMonitor, Splunk
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a company providing comprehensive learning and talent management solutions.