Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking Systems Engineers with Cloud expertise and proven leadership skills to collaborate with the Customer's SE&I team to assess architectures and requirements, to develop derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts, and to guide Agile scrum teams in the development of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
* Partner with the Chief Engineer to lead the Development teams in the development, integration, and testing of new advanced leading-edge cybersecurity capabilities
* Collaborating with Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the system design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities
* Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding capability architectures, requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications.
* Conducting trade studies to determine improvements to system capabilities and system delivery processes (hardware, software, architecture, automated deployments, training).
* Must be a US Citizen
* Active Top Secret (TS) clearance required. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 10+ years of directly relevant systems engineering experience such as allocation of hardware and software requirements, development of use cases and stories, interface definition, and/or systems integration & test
* Proven leadership skills and meaningful experience successfully leading projects
* Able to effectively work as a leader, in a group, or as an individual contributor
* Experience working in an Agile development environment, ideally in a leadership role
* Strong experience with virtualized cloud environments (preferably VMware VSphere) including cloud management
* Solid experience with hybrid (public and private) cloud management
* Experience with and excellent technical understanding of cybersecurity including attack-mitigation techniques and cybersecurity architectures
* Experience with requirements management and tools (DOORS preferred)
* System architecture experience
* Strong experience with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management (CM) practices, requirements management, traceability, and associated tools
* Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
* Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g., ISO, CMMI, ITIL, Agile, SAFe)
* DHS experience
* DevOps experience
* Experience and/or familiarity with architectural views including operational, technical standards, and system/services views and business, data, applications, and technology architectures using applicable standards (e.g., DODAF, FEAF)
* Experience and/or familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
BS Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
SAFe certifications (SA, SP, SSM/SASM, POPM, SPD, ASE, or SPC)
136547BR 136547 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.