Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
Boston Scientific is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Principal R&D Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will provide technical direction and system level understanding regarding design and development of electronic medical systems.
Be a part of Boston Scientific's Therapeutic Imaging division within our Endoscopy R&D group supporting R&D for exciting new products, and business development activities. Work on Electronic Medical Equipment development and help grow this business unit through new product development. This equipment adheres to industry standards as applicable and often includes an Electronic Medical Equipment (EME) console, peripherals, and sterilizable/reusable and/or disposable medical devices. The EME console often contains a mix of mechanical, electrical, embedded and application SW.
Responsible for providing technical direction and system level expertise for the design, development, and sustaining of complex electronic medical equipment systems, including sensors, embedded systems, algorithms, hardware, software, and associated disposable medical devices.
Your responsibilities include:
* Guides definition of system requirements, system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters by using systems engineering best practices.
* Facilitate cross functional decision making on technical decisions with ultimate ownership within the team
* Secure functional management and business leadership agreement on the decisions made and the technical strategy set
* Key stakeholder in the technical development strategy for the project
* Lead integration of product technologies with respect to mechanical, electrical, firmware and software for Electronic Medical Equipment projects.
* Internal and external stakeholder communication on key technical updates and issues
* Works with internal/external partners as necessary to leverage key capabilities as needed for the project
* Tracks system engineering effort by creating and maintaining records in the approved tracking management tool.
* Solves system problems through simulation, mathematical analysis, and/or systems interaction testing/analysis. Provides recommendations for corrective action.
* Defines system partitioning (i.e. hardware/software partitioning) and coordinates total system integration.
* Provides technical direction for entire project team
* Interfaces directly with business leaders on project status/issues
* Mentors engineers in engineering activities/methodologies and domain knowledge
* Coordinates system testing including evaluation, validation & verification activities.
* Participates in the Risk Analysis discussions for the project.
What we're looking for:
* BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science
* Minimum of 7-10 years of industry experience developing mixed HW/SW systems
* Experience in developing direct visual imaging systems, image processing, and algorithm development.
* Proven experience in leading complex system analysis from concept through commercialization
* Experience conducting error/budget analysis and analytical and non-analytical simulations
* Experience designing and building high-accuracy, high-reliability systems
* In depth knowledge of medical technologies including devices, diagnostics, and imaging
* Self-motivated with a passion for solving problems
* Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
* Hands-on approach to problem solving
* Experience leading team of technical engineers of multiple disciplines
* Practical understanding of IEC 60601 standards
* Software/Programming: MATLAB, C++, Altium or OrCad, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office Suite
* Medical Device industry experience in design controls with a focus on user needs, intended use, system requirements, system design and traceability.
* Demonstrated understanding of "whole medical suite" (Endo-Suite, OR, or ICU) system requirements
* Medical Device systems product development experience
* Knowledge of application security and usability regulations
* Familiar with systems verification/validation including SW/HW test automation
* Proven project leader with experience leading teams on high-visibility/high-priority new technology ventures
* Experience with FPGA development for image/video processing
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 443664
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific is a developer, manufacturer, and marketer of medical devices.