Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Secure and Safe World
District of Columbia, Washington
Are you a Systems Engineer with experience in Electronic Security Systems seeking opportunities to do your part on a national level? Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering, Technical Services, Electronic Security Systems, and Cyber Security. We provide complex, solution-oriented services for the defense, intelligence, security, and space markets. Our purpose is to Deliver a Better World. We do this with digitally-enabled defense, security, and infrastructure solutions. We are looking for a Systems Engineer with the right multi-disciplinary experience to help us build our team to support the FAA SSDI-II contract and deliver timely results to our customers. Will you meet the challenge and help us Deliver a Better World?
* BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field), and 5+ years of related work experience with at least 2 years' experience as a system engineer
* Fourteen (14) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required, of which 3 years' experience is required with the provision of SE services for physical security system and IT solutions
* Four (4) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
* Manages system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s)
* Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
* Assists with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
* Coordinates the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
* Participates in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
* Participates in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
* Participates in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
* Allocates real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
* Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
* Participates in establishing and gaining approval for requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc., that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
* Defines the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
* Develops system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
* Reviews and provides input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master schedule (IMS)
* Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
* Implements comprehensive SOA solutions
* Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support maintenance, and disposal needs
* Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, etc.
* Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
* Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and stores interface data in a commonly accessible repository
* Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
* Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, considers impacts prior to commitment to change, gains stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, ensures traceability to source requirements, and tracks and settles open actions
* Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
* Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
* In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
* Supports the planning and test analysis of the FAA Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
* Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy)
Must be able to pass an FAA background test for a position of public trust.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.