What you'll be doing...
This position will drive profitable growth and business innovation by virtualizing applications and desktops using cloud and virtualization technologies.
You will help Verizon move desktops, applications, and infrastructure from on-prem data centers to AWS. You will help design, configure, secure, deploy and maintain large scale systems that support thousands of users around the globe.
You will lead large scale projects from start to finish working with talented engineers and business leaders from multiple departments. You will communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences, and you take pride in your ability to share your considerable knowledge with your peers.
* Engage with key business stakeholders in discussion on business strategies and opportunities for large scale projects.
* Build strong working relationship and develop deep partnership with the business.
* Participate in large portfolios of Virtualization projects and deliver innovative technical solutions.
* Participate in design and development of virtual applications and desktops in cloud environments.
* Design, build, secure, and maintain infrastructure and desktop system in AWS.
* Design, build and maintain Citrix environments in AWS and on-prem.
* Drive technical innovation through active research and applications of new theories, techniques, and technologies.
* Provide third tier support for IT, call centers, retail stores, and enterprise customers.
* Provide support for Thin Client Management using HP DM Software.
* Provide 24x7 support as required.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Five or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of experience in AWS.
* Five or more years of experience with Citrix.
* Experience with Windows Server.
* Experience with Windows 10.
* EC2, Cloud Formation, Autoscaling, CloudWatch, SNS, S3, EBS, CLI.
* Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, CAG.
* Experience with HP Device Management (DM) Software.
* Experience with the Automation Tools.
* Strong experience with PowerShell.
* Strong communication and interpersonal influencing skills.
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
* Experience with SQS and database management.
* Experience in leading large scale data center projects.
* Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Python.
* Experience with Linux.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.