What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Member Technical Staff (SMTS) you will be responsible for the delivery and day to day operation of Revenue Assurance (RA) applications for Verizon Wireless. You will be working with an energetic and talented group of professionals who continuously raise the bar for system performance and customer satisfaction. The job requires in depth knowledge of wireless ordering, billing and network provisioning systems to be able to define control points.
* Ensure testing artifacts are uploaded into AYS and UAT sign off is obtained prior to Production deployment.
* Manage all monthly and non -periodic releases for RA applications by working closely with RA and IT development teams.
* Attend weekly change control meetings to provide read out and get approvals for RA application code deployment.
* Ensure change records are submitted well in advance of deployment date to avoid escalations.
* Continuously explore opportunities to detect under billing, delayed billing and over billing scenarios. Establish a framework to automate manual queries and track corrections for audit purposes.
* Develop and maintain a resource capacity plan by working closely with the Senior Manager.
* Provide weekly team highlights to Senior Manager by Monday of following week.
* Maintain the JIRA story board for RA applications and ensure it is refreshed every week.
* Track all SOX Control activities related to IT RA systems, collect artifacts for various controls as evidence.
* Work with internal and external auditors to respond to queries in timely manner.
* Perform the role of SOX Control reviewer to ensure the SOX Control performers have delivered as per the documentation in VGRC tool.
* Monitor all RA KPIs on a monthly basis and take corrective actions to meet targets.
* Regularly attend agile story grooming calls and communicate with development team to set the right delivery expectations.
* Develop and maintain a rotating on-call support schedule for REVO Production monitoring.
* Ensure extended coverage during iconic and other major product or pricing plan launches.
* Develop a set of KPIs to monitor the effectiveness of RA controls and provide proactive feedback to RA business partners.
* Security should be ingrained in every step of software development process. All security scans need to be kept current and any vulnerability have to be remediated within 30 days.
* Track the public cloud migration plan working closely with the development team.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Project management, Agile methodology and release tracking experience.
* Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle or PostgreSQL.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant.
* Experience in AI/ML or RPA tools.
* Excellent Power Point/Google slides skills.
* Knowledge with DevOps tools such as GIT, JIRA & Jenkins.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge with HTML5 & Angular JS.
* AWS Certification.
* PMP Certification, Scrum Master Certification.
* Knowledge with security tools such as Fortify, Blackduck etc.
* Knowledge of blockchain concepts.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.