At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The core function of this team is modelling and simulation. Strong scientific programming skills are required. Desired languages include python, perl, MATLAB, and shell. Candidate should be prepared to troubleshoot simulation issues and resolve. Professional presentation skills are also required. C( ) or Satellite Tool Kit (STK) are a bonus. Candidates with performance analysis experience, or previous SBIRS exposure would be preferred but not required. We are looking to train someone for a long term commitment.
As part of a program team, candidate would learn and eventually be responsible for two to three payload thermal vacuum tests, including detailed performance analysis, analysis tool development, customer out-brief, and verification report. Candidate would be trained in payload simulation and calibration, with the intent that they can become the focal point for this area in a few years. Candidate would be able to extend expertise into on-orbit testing/analysis. This is a great opportunity to learn from senior System Engineers working radiometric, line-of-sight, and state-of-health performance analysis on the SBIRS payloads.
* Bachelor's in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
* 2 years of exempt level experience in software development and/or systems analysis
* Knowledge and understanding of Modeling & Simulation
* Strong analytical and programming skills (e.g. MATLAB or Python preferred)
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Master's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
* Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes and methods
* SBIRS program or similar space program related knowledge
* Demonstrated experience in Modeling & Simulation
* Knowledge of C and/or Perl
* Active DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.