Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
* Administer daily updates to the database tracking tool.
* Collection of operations support weekly action reports.
* Compile database metrics weekly.
* Assign new work orders to operations support technicians/engineers within one hour of STAC notification (during business hours), personally follow-up on any urgent action.
* Check Solar Winds concerning network and systems status on a recurring basis and take action to address problems or issues.
* Perform Tier I troubleshooting, including server resets (Citrix), big brother admin, SNMPc, pinging servers, user accounts, TAVEE reports, etc.
* Under direction of the lead network engineer, provide statistical reporting data on post communications links as required.
* Maintain a log and track metrics on network outages.
* Cisco and Nortel configuration, initialization, and preparation of these devices for shipment to post.
* Post database updates.
* Maintain up-to-date IP list on NAS with shortcut to desktop of each terminal (print PDF report from post database).
* Daily management of the NOC- take action for any technical faults or issues, maintain cleanliness, organization (documentation), operation and monitor the logbook.
* Ensure all tickets are acted on promptly, effectively and closed out promptly.
* Under direction from the system administrator, image and configure workstations.
* Maintain the operations support duty roster
* A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years of related IT experience OR a Master's degree
* At least two years hands-on experience in a PC/network helpdesk or technical support environment
* At least two entry/mid-level IT certifications such as A , CCNA, network , etc.
* Good base of IT knowledge to draw upon and be able and willing to learn new applications and related hardware devices
* Ability to work on any shift as needed to meet operational requirements
* Security Clearance - Secret
* US Citizen or Green Card Holder
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other IT related discipline is preferred
* Knowledge of technical security systems such as CCTV, alarms, and access control is a plus but not a requirement
* Government specified Enterprise Operations and Networks experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.