Nevro is a medical device company headquartered in Redwood City, California. We have developed HF10™ therapy, an innovative, evidence-based neuromodulation platform for the treatment of chronic pain.
We started with a simple mission to help more patients suffering from chronic pain. At each stage of development, our research was subject to the highest levels of scientific rigor, resulting in a new therapy that has advanced the state of spinal cord stimulation (SCS).
The Nevro® Senza® SCS System received CE mark in 2010, TGA approval in 2011, FDA approval in 2015, and is commercially available in Europe, Australia, and the United States.
* The Systems Engineer will play a key role in the development of a Class III implantable Neuromodulation system for pain management, working cross functionally to define systems and ensure that stakeholders are aligned and needs are met.
* Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements and performance requirements into systems solutions that account for technical, cost and schedule constraints.
* Investigates and defines systems engineering requirements for new algorithms or features, and facilitates the transition of algorithms into new projects through clinical review and evaluation.
* Owns tasks within a larger effort such as definition, verification or product development of a system, and drives them to on-time, high quality completion.
* Performs hands-on system integration testing and troubleshooting of technical issues.
* Performs system level verification against requirements. Creates test plans, procedures and reports, performs and analyzes system set up, and conducts verification and validation activities.
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent years of experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Skills and Knowledge
* Master's degree with 2+ years' relevant experience; Bachelor's degree with 3+ years' relevant experience.
* Experience with development in a regulated industry such as medical device, defense, or automotive.
* Experience in Systems Engineering as related to stakeholder needs definition, creation of use case workflows, requirements definition and decomposition, functional architecture, and system design.
* Experience generating technical documentation such as product requirements, specifications, engineering reports, test plans & procedures, validation plans and reports.
* Experience with RF communications systems is desirable.
* Experience with automated verification testing strongly desired.
* Risk management (risk analysis, FMEA) experience strongly desired.
* Ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
* Ability to provide creativity while solving complex problems without known solutions.
* Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
* Strong track record of technical leadership and working in cross-functional teams.
* Project management skills including planning and estimation of task and milestones desired.
Nevro offers equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital or family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), physical or mental condition, protected veteran status, disability, age or other characteristics protected by laws.