At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a machine learning systems engineer you will be designing machine learning platforms and pipelines for training and running machine learning models that solve perception, prediction, tracking, and motion planning problems to bring self-driving car features to life. This is your chance to develop cutting-edge technology that will help change the future of transportation around the world!
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Deep learning algorithms and their implementations e.g., TensorFlow, Pytorch, Spark, etc
* Building infrastructure for and optimizing deep Learning algorithms
* Building and owning production models, pipelines, and runtimes
What You'll Need
* A BS in computer science
* Excellent software development skills in C++, Python or similar languages
* A strong quantitative background
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Two years of experience in software design and development
Bonus Points If
* An MS or PhD in machine learning, computer vision, robotics, or related field
* Experience building Machine Learning / Deep Learning Platforms and Infrastructure in production and at scale
* Experience with deep neural networks (CNN etc), CUDA, CUDNN, GPU
* Experience with ecosystem of simulation, autonomous driving
* Experience with the AWS ecosystem
* Track record of building and shipping machine learning features in products
* Five years of experience in software design and development
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.