Provide advanced technical guidance and expertise to operations team in support of large scale cloud infrastructure and applications, primarily on Amazon Web Services. Responsible for technical recommendations for design, development, application administration, deployments, scaling and troubleshooting complex microservice based applications and cloud infrastructure. Position involves proactive problem mitigation and driving operational response/resolution to production issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* This role is for an advanced technical resource that provides technical leadership to the operations teams, effectively communicates issues and proposed resolutions to senior leadership, and uses vast knowledge and experience to continually improve the environment and customer experience * Utilize an advanced understanding of what is required for applications and infrastructure to be "cloud native" * Exhibit an advanced understanding of Microservices and SOA architecture * Leverage extensive experience working as part of a distributed engineering team, contributing to architecture, requirements, feasibility, and cost analysis * Use advanced Unix/Linux Administration skills * Use advanced AWS administration and automation skills * Leverage advanced experience in Shell, Python or similar scripting languages * Utilize extensive experience with the set up and manage continuous integration/delivery tools - Jenkins/Maven * Use advanced Security Group Management skills * Leverage extensive experience with deployment automation/packaging/configuration in a large scale production environment * Use advanced skills to troubleshoot complex J2EE / LAMP application and environment issues * Demonstrate advanced expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments * Use advanced understanding of networking, load balancing principles and approaches to scaling out of systems * Create work effort estimates for assigned tasks and support prioritization and release management * Provide 'on call' support to resolve application issues after normal business hours * Use established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window) * Use above average data base working knowledge to work with database administrators to configure, tune and maintain databases in variety of languages * Create advanced documentation of systems configurations and upgrades * Lead efforts to design and implement change control policies and disaster recovery plans * Be a technical escalation for other operations team members on extremely complex and challenging environment or application issues * Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and / or equivalent work experience * Minimum of Four (4) years of Application Development experience in relevant areas * Minimum of Four (4) years Network OSS application experience * At least Four (4) years of experience with Kubernetes
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Have very advanced problem solving and analytical skills * Extremely high level ability to write technical documentation to be referenced by technical peers and senior leadership in a knowledge base. * Database support and Development experience. * The ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with people with diverse technical skills * Be a source of advanced knowledge for more junior team members * Above average programming skills * Extensive experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible and other similar configuration management tools * Production experience with NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB * Advanced familiarity with deployment methodologies and tools for application code * Excellent written and verbal communication skills * Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner * Advanced ability to conduct design sessions to specify solution designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality and provide recommendations to senior leadership * High level ability to create detailed documentation to functionally understand new and existing applications * Advanced ability to troubleshoot application problems * In depth knowledge of and experience with development tools, application frameworks, and testing tools * In depth knowledge of OSS applications and software * Advance knowledge of and experience with choosing the appropriate lifecycle and the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering process
* AWS Certified SysOps Administrator * AWS Certified DevOps Engineer * Splunk Fundamentals I * Splunk Fundementals II
* Office Environment * 'On Call' support, on a rotation basis
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.