At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that
define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Integrated Avionics Products team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer - Avionics 2 or 3 based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
* Work under direction of the program Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead. * Communicate with the United States government military customer community to review, assess and clarify customer needs, and derive product hardware and software technical capabilities, function and features requirements. * Organize and manage the development of requirements for the Northrop Grumman developed Mission Computer software and hardware. * Assess the impact of Mission Computer changes on buses, interfaces and capabilities of the other components of the integrated helicopter cockpit. * Perform system test planning, testing and integration, supports system verification, validation, safety, maintainability, and airworthiness. * Participate on engineering teams to resolve problems to root cause and effect corrective actions. * Participate in regular communication to leads, and in meetings and technical presentations with customers. * Work with IPT leads in technical reporting, planning, and cost and risk analysis assessments.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and
in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan * Savings Plan * Paid Time Off * Additional benefits
* This position may be filled at higher grade level 2 or 3 based on the following qualifications* * Bachelor's Degree in STEM related discipline with 2 years of experience working in a Systems, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Software, Test and Integration, or other related engineering field; Master's Degree with 0 years of experience.
* Bachelor's Degree in STEM related discipline with 5 years of experience working in a Systems, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Software, Test and Integration, or other related engineering field; Master's Degree with 3 years of Systems, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Software, Test and Integration, or other related engineering field.
* Experience deriving and developing system, software and/or hardware requirements using tools such as DOORS or equivalent. * Experience developing system models using modeling methodologies including SysML, MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering), and MBE (Model Based Engineering). * Willingness and ability to travel occasionally domestically. * Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.