Responsible for assisting design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide customer premises equipment (CPE) activation, provisioning, and operations platforms applications and their associated operating systems and databases. Responsible for administration of CPE activation, provisioning, and operations platforms supporting all Charter Divisions. Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
* Coordinates with internal departments to review existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
* Conducts design sessions with appropriate participation from architects and engineers.
* Creates detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications / services and for enhancements to existing systems / services.
* Collaborates to creates configuration designs for design and implementation of various environments.
* Creates work effort estimates for new features and bug fixes for use in prioritization and release management.
* Design core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes.
* Reviews new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality / effectiveness.
* Installs, administers, configures and maintains CPE activation, provisioning, and operations applications including operating systems and related software.
* Provides 'on call' support to resolve CPE activation, provisioning, and operations platform issues after normal business hours.
* Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window).
* Configure, tune and maintain databases in variety of languages.
* Documents systems configurations and upgrades.
* Designs and implements change and control policies and disaster recovery plans; lead troubleshooting efforts to restore functionality in the event of an outage.
* Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources.
* Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent experience.
* Minimum five (5) years of experience in application support work, database support and development work.
* Minimum four (4) years of Network OSS application work experience.
* Minimum three (3) years of system Administration work experience, database support and development work experience.
* Minimum seven (7) years of application support work experience.
* Minimum six (6) years of Network OSS application work experience.
* RHEL Certified Systems Administrator - RHCSA
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
* Working knowledge of UNIX-based platforms.
* Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting tools (i.e tcpdump, netstat, iostat, traceroute, snoop)
* Working knowledge with System monitoring applications (OP5, Nagios, Solarwinds, HP OpenView, etc).
* Solid understanding of LAN/WAN topology, network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, NFS), switches and firewalls.
* Comprehension of MySQL, Python, Perl, PHP, BASH and LAMP.
* Experience activating / maintaining CPE per the DOCSIS, PacketCable, and SNMP specifications.
* Experience with configuration of CPE using the TR-069 and related specifications.
* Advanced comprehension of the DHCP, DNS, SNMP, and TFTP protocols.
* Working knowledge of RHEL 5/6/7, CentOS 5/6/7
* Advanced ability to conduct design sessions to specify solution designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality.
* Capable of creating detailed documentation to functionally understand new and existing applications.
* Ability to follow and implement established change and control policies and procedures.
* Advanced ability to troubleshoot application problems
* In-depth knowledge of development tools, application frameworks, testing tools, OSS applications and software.
* Ability of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering process.
* Strong ability to transform an operational need into a description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters in the control of the total system development to achieve an optimum, cost-effective balance of all system elements.
* Advanced knowledge of network and systems engineering systems concepts and system/super-system skills, including Cisco UCS, and VMWare systems
* Knowledge of the Python programing language including utilization of Class Structures, network related modules and programing (HTTP, socket, ping, snmp, etc ), database integration, Python web frameworks, RESTful API integration
* Knowledge of Cisco Broadband Access Center (BAC), Cisco Prime Cable Provisioning (PCP), Cisco Prime Network Registrar (PNR), ARRIS Edge and BT Diamond ImageControl.