Posting Job Description
The Systems Engineer III (Inventory Developer) is considered a full stack Java Developer. This position is critical to the operations support of key Inventory applications within the organization, and will take a primary role in the creation and modification of Inventory solutions by designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining these applications and local customizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides cutting edge solutions for internal customer applications.
* Provides high level expertise for the network inventory environment and guidance on technical decisions for support.
* Collaborates on design and implementation for internal applications with team members and customers.
* Responsible for training team members on new applications and designs for their respective responsibilities
* Develops and documents standards, processes and procedures to promote operational efficiency.
* Provides end to end SDLC support for enterprise inventory deployments.
* Responsible for providing primary level support and problem resolution for all major outages and technical challenges that arise on OSS applications.
* Works closely with team management and principle engineers on architectural decisions.
* Is capable of working in a highly collaborative team environment, including; customers and third party vendors.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of three (3) years of Java experience.
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with large database or big data installations.
* Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on experience in developing, supporting web services and database architectures
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Experience in working with the following languages and technologies: Unix/Linux [RedHat/CentOS], SQL, Python, GIT.
* Working with Java in a WebLogic environment.
* Experience with SDLC and Agile software deployment methodologies.
* RHCA (Red Hat Systems Administration II
* Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer
* Oracle WebLogic Server 12c Essentials
* WebLogic and Java certifications
* WebLogic administration experience
* Experience with one or more of the following applications: Network routing, network switching, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, LDAP, load balancing, disaster recovery, scaling and sizing for network bandwidth utilization.
* Oracle or other database certifications
* Clickview, Cassandra, NoSQL, BIRT, SKY, ANN, JESI, Maven, Mesosphere, CDC/GoldenGate
* IP networking protocols