The Systems Engineer II will be responsible for troubleshooting, resolving and documenting issues within a large, customer-facing, wireless broadband network environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Apply fundamental knowledge of IP routing, wireless access and infrastructure systems to quickly assess and resolve wireless service impairments * Contribute to the development of internal support processes and procedures * Provide articulate verbal and/or written impact assessments to management in English * Aggressively pursue high standard of network and system performance and availability * Collaborate with cross-functional teams to proactively identify and resolve potential system, network and customer impacts in the maintenance window * Perform other, collateral duties as requested by management
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Interdisciplinary Telecom, Wireless & Cellular Communications or, related field or equivalent work experience * Minimum two (2) years Network Operations work experience * Minimum two (2) years Wireless systems work experience * Minimum two (2) years System Administration work experience * Minimum two (2) years Enterprise Application Integration work experience
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Proficiency using multiple, industry standard, operating system environments including Linux, Cisco IOS/NX-OS, JunOS, VMWare * Proficiency leveraging packet-analysis tools and network analytics platforms to troubleshoot or characterize network traffic * Exposure to and functional knowledge of IP routing, and routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS and OSPF as well as enabling protocols and platforms such as DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, PMIP * Experience with large distributed networks and MSO / Wireless Operator topologies * Familiarity with the following equipment is a plus: Cisco UCS, Ruckus vSZ/SCG/ZD, Cisco WLC, Cisco Nexus/ASR, Nokia 7750, Netscout Infinistream * Extended availability after business hours or on-call, as required by the business, in an "on-call" posture
* 4 years Network Operations work experience * 4 years Wireless systems work experience * 4 years System Administration work experience * 4 years Enterprise Application Integration work experience * CCNA/CCNP (Wireless) * CWNP Certified Wireless Network Administrator * Knowledge of company products and services
* Office Environment * May work in Lab or Data Center/Implementation Facility environment * 24X7 Network Operations environment
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.